PDA

View Full Version : piitsburg 2/12-cache 2/13

IRISHANGLER01
02-15-2011, 07:25 PM
launched out of pitt sat morning drove out into the main channel and started immediately marking fish. didnt go very far and set anchor in about 40 ft. of water. no sturgy bites all day but did manage one 22" striper on eel/grass combo. Saw and heard fish jumping but just cant get them to bite ANYTHING! Anyone with the same problem?? Threw grass, ghost, shad and eel for a big nada. Decided to head out to cache slough Sunday and try my luck there and same thing. Marked a fair amount of fish(not as many as pitt) but good marks none the less and nada all day. Plenty of other boats out there with me fishing but I didnt see anyone else catch a fish either day that I was out on the water. Seems that the fish are definitely around just got to be in the right place at the right time when they are feeding. Anyway weather was great both days so cant complain too much. Gonna head out again this weekend weather permitting and give it another shot. CANT CATCH NOTHING IF YOU DONT HAVE A POLE IN THE WATER!