PDA

View Full Version : tour de cure

Jfitalia
02-10-2011, 09:14 PM
So a few years ago i lost my step mother to diabetes, and ever since then i have been trying to find new ways to help donate to help cure diabetes. Well on April 30th the Tour de Cure is coming to Roseville. This is a road bike tour that can stretch anywhere from 32, 62 or 100 miles. I have chosen to participate in the 62 mile ride that I'm sure will take most of my day to do. the purpose of the ride is for all riders to raise a minimum of $125 however I have set my goal at $500! If anyone would like to donate to my ride or even ride in the tour then please go to www.tour.diabetes.org (http://www.tour.diabetes.org)

If you would like to donate (even just $5) please message me so that I can provide you my first and last name.

thank you everyone!

-Jeremy

CRABBY
02-11-2011, 04:49 AM
OK "J" I'll go first,PM me info...Thanks Don

okie
02-11-2011, 06:36 AM
i'll follow don, pm me the info.
be safe

Jfitalia
02-11-2011, 07:28 AM
A PM has been sent to both of you. Thank you both for helping. I would also like to incourage other people to do this ride as well. Its a fun ride that has a rest stop every 15 miles if you need it. There is free food, beverages and even massages at every stop. I hope to see some sniffers out there!

CRABBY
02-11-2011, 03:51 PM
Would be really nice to rally round this worthwhile cause,I'm sure you all know somebody that has diabetes an is suffering from it,We Sniffers can't cure it on our own,BUT everything helps, a dollar here an five there,multiplied by 1000s it all adds up,help if you can,times are tough an many can't,that's OK,just offer some encouragement to our Iron Man (J)so he knows we are behind him with our prayers an appreciation for getting out there an trying...Thanks Don

Jfitalia
02-12-2011, 11:48 AM
Thank you Don for making this a sticky. When I lost my stepmother a few years back to diabetes I told myself I wanted to find ways to help find a cure. I watched her struggle for 12 years while doctors ran tests and still couldn't control her levels. Its sad to see someone taking away by diabetes and her age of only 50. I look forward to doing this not just for her but for our fellow sniffers and their friends and family who are struggling with this. Thank you again to those who have donated already.

-Jeremy

Jfitalia
02-17-2011, 09:40 PM
I just wanted to give an update on my donation balance so far! Again my goal I set for myself is $500 and I am currently at $250 however I have $50 to put into the fund tomorrow morning so that will put me at $300 and and only $200 more to go to hit my goal. If I can hit the goal I plan to keep raising more so that I can help as much as I can. I again wanted to thank those who have donated. Also if there are any sniffers out there who do not want to donate online feel free to PM me and I will give you my full address and you can mail it to me like most sniffers have been doing.

-Jeremy

Openairfool
03-04-2011, 10:05 AM
Jeremy - I had a friend who had diabetes and has since passed from other complications but I saw him suffer from this for many, many years. I would like to donate $50 to your cause and I would hope there might be some others who will help you exceed the $500 goal that you are trying to meet. Send me your name and address in a PM and I will send you the check. Is there any chance I could get a receipt for tax purposes? Greg

Jfitalia
03-30-2011, 07:38 PM
Just giving another training update.... I have been doing some double training because I have a duathalon April 16 so ive been trying to prepare for that and the April 30th ride for the cure. So last Sunday I needed to get some training in for the 62 miles so I headed out with atleast 50 miles in my sight. The weather was very cold but I hit the American river bike trail at Arden pond and set out for Nimbus. After a chilly 18 miles I hit the hatchery and decided to take the 13 miles around Lake Natoma and then the 18 miles back home. I ended the day at 49 miles and i didnt have one sore muscle the next morning. I hoping to ride to Davis and back this sunday if the wind isnt bad.

bigfin
03-31-2011, 03:21 PM
Jeremy

PM your info, I'd like to donate. My wife has been type 1 diabetic for the last 18 years (adult onset) so I know first hand the struggles. I also ride and thought about driving up to do the metric but the timing just doesn't work. Have a great ride.

Bigfin