PDA

View Full Version : Pardee 2-24 with Pics

Mr_Clean1979
02-28-2011, 10:33 AM
Went out to Pardee on Sunday 2-27 and had a good productive day. Arrived on the lake near 8:00 and started trolling the shallows. Within 15 minutes had a double hookup, one on the DR at 5 feet using a Dodger/Nightcrawler combo and the other with a orange grub tipped with a white power egg. After getting the DR pole back in the water got another within 10 more minutes. Right away we knew we were going to have a good day. Continued to troll the shallows using the same setup and ended boating 9 total trout between the two of us. Here are the specifics:

1 caught on a grub toplining
8 caught on a watermelon dodger with nightcrawler
Speeds 1.1-1.5
Scents Mikes Garlic

All the trout caught ranged between 2-4 Pounds
384638473848http://www.fishsniffer.com/images/styles/TimeTraveler/misc/pencil.png

stpritch
02-28-2011, 10:43 AM
Sweet! Those are some fatties. Nice work. How crowded was it?

Mr_Clean1979
02-28-2011, 10:53 AM
Well the boat traffic was not to bad at first. There was a lot of bank fisherman. I think the other boats realized that all the fish were at the front in the shallows and it started to get a little busier in that small area. Alot of the other bloats stopped trolling and either anchored down or beached. From the other boats i talked to it seemed like they werent doing to well trolling and the most effective way for most was still fishing. But i wasnt going to give up on what was working for me and wanted to share with others what did work, at least that day.

nploojlis
02-28-2011, 01:42 PM
Went to Pardee Feb 26,11 and was "accused" of catching 6 trouts when all i caught was 4....the ranger was a complete _____. Last time I checked the limit was 5 right? Long story short...after I proved him wrong, the only thing he could say was "do you want me to call the DEPUTY to write you a ticket...what kind of question is that I asked myself...So i decided to leave because I was given no choice and his "pride" was bruised because he KNEW he was WRONG...suck it up like a man...anywho....STOP HARASSING anglers and start catching poachers! HOPE to see the ranger again next SAT...wondering what he is going to accuse me this time...

Reel Fun
02-28-2011, 04:01 PM
Same exact thing happened to me several years ago....the warden saw me putting trout after trout in the car but I was with my dad and 2 uncles and we all had 4 for a total 16 and he wrote me a ticket for over the limit and siezed all the fish??? I went to court and they dismissed it before I even knew what was going on!! I have been back only once since then and that was yesterday.

RF

rogue
02-28-2011, 04:16 PM
Great job !! very nice fish

GNappers
02-28-2011, 07:01 PM
That sounds like a great day of fishing.

PapaGreg
03-01-2011, 06:27 PM
Sorry to hear about "your" problem with the ranger, that shouldn't happen to anyone.
Did you have more than a limit on one stringer?
Probably not, as you said you only caught four.

I was there on Saturday and heard some people talking about someone they knew who was regularly catching 35-40 fish from Pardee and bringing them home and giving to people in the neighberhood.

I don't know if that's true, or if it's heresay, but I know the people doing the talking are regulars at Pardee and come in groups of anywhere from 4 to 8 people, and they don't seem think it's wrong to stand 4 to 5 feet from you and cast over your lines!

I have personally seen some of these people catch 8-10 fish and take them to their cars, so, I don't know if the ranger had a reason for doing what he did, or if someone may have informed of a POSSIBLE violation?

I wish the best of luck to all who fish Pardee, please don't make it another Amador.

stpritch
03-02-2011, 01:07 PM
advice for fishing pardee...each person gets their own stringer...period! i think thats what we should be doing everywhere but they are serious about it there.

nploojlis
03-02-2011, 02:57 PM
I agree with each person having "one" stringer only...and that was what I had but the "ranger" had no reason(s) to come up to me and "threaten" me...leave the anglers alone and catch the poachers PLEASE!