PDA

View Full Version : lafayette Reservoir

TheGreatBasshole
03-10-2011, 08:43 AM
Has anyone fished the lafayette reservoir? usually for me, fishing is slow. how has it been?

H-man
03-10-2011, 11:11 AM
Lafayette is a put and take lake. If they "put" fisherman can "take" Best to seek when the lake was last stocked - call the place.

ps - what is a "flie" - "You must loose a flie to catch a trout." Do you mean "fly"http://www.fishsniffer.com/images/icons/icon11.png

TheGreatBasshole
03-10-2011, 08:00 PM
:hitoverhead: yes I should corrrect that lol. What bait is good from shore at the reservoir?

kmccauley90
03-29-2011, 10:46 AM
went there on 3-27 and got skunked. had a major hit on pink sherbet powerbait but didnt hook him. water level was so high you could only access like half the docks

rncm1986
03-31-2011, 07:47 AM
fish in the rain a few weeks back and was able to catch one, had a few nibbles. Fished off of a bank in the south west part of the reservoir using chartruese and spring green pb.

Adoboat
04-03-2011, 08:26 AM
Fishing at Lafayette is great. Went last week and got constant action at the east and south coves. Power bait, power eggs, power crawlers, live crawlers ... all worked. Ranger said fishing is tough with the murky water. That was totally inaccurate. I don't think the Rangers know anything about fishing the reservoir. Plus, when I stuck my pole in the water, water clarity looked the same as it usually does. The murky water comment is made out of ignorance or frustration, and the rangers just regurgitate that misinformation like they know what they are talking about. I saw people catching fish while bait fishing from boats and shore, bait fishing while drifting and trollers. Fish were rising at 11 in the morning.

Adoboat
04-03-2011, 08:37 AM
One other thing. I was offered fish from several boaters. they would raise their stringers showing the five trout limit, as a presentation of what they had to offer. I got a feeling a lot of people were catching and releasing with their limits on their stringers. Then you could see them using the hook removal tool (long red tool with with ball-like ends) to take out the hooks while the fish was in the water. I'm not a marine biologist, but shoving that tool down a fishes throat to dislodge a hook can't be healthy. saw that over and over again. I voiced my opinion and got a dirty/dismissive look.