PDA

View Full Version : Any action around Coyote point?

sjshark
08-19-2007, 08:04 AM
Just curious, has anyone been fishing by coyote point? Also at fisherman's park and the kincade's restaurant? Any stripers or halibuts been pulled out lately, last time I went around there in April there were a few hookups from shore, but haven't been there since. any info would be helpful, I plan on heading out there today, maybe.

jerdh71
08-20-2007, 07:56 AM
The last 3 times I ve fished there the wind blew us off the water within a couple hours. Only a few small sharks before having to split. Good luck

jcarman
08-21-2007, 04:48 AM
I fished there Sunday. Before the wind came up we couldn't put the poles down! Lots of leopards and smoothhounds, even a small 7-gill and lots of rays to 30#. Once the wind came up I couldn't sit still even with 2 anchors dragging, so we tried the shoals and even the birdcage but just too much wind. They all took squid, not much interest in the anchovies. No butts or stripers this trip!

aslan
08-21-2007, 09:12 PM
Coyote Point. I've wanted to catch leopards for a while. When finding a good location, what am I looking for on the bottom with the fish finder? (Other than marking fish on the bottom: -) I guess they are looking for flat, sand?

The more I look at the wind forecast over the bay, It looks like a part of hurricane dean is making it's way through the golden gate ;-)

Last question.. With tides, should I try the beginning of high/low?

thanks in advance for your help.

Jeff

jcarman
08-22-2007, 07:13 PM
Try this posting for some advice. I anchored on the edge of the channle into Coyote marina on the norht side and had lots of action on squid in about 12-15 feet of water. The trick was staying anchored, which became difficult after about noon even with 2 anchors dragging the bottom. Good luck!

http://www.fishsniffer.com/cgi-bin/forumsyabb/YaBB.pl?num=1187316702