PDA

View Full Version : CHABOT Fishing - 21MAR11

LuckyIrishFan
03-22-2011, 08:45 AM
Sorry for the day old post, but I finally had the chance to get some decent fishing time in yesterday at Lake SLOW-BO(Chabot);). As always I was prepared with my rain gear. I got to the lake around 0500hrs at my usual spot, and right away three other anglers showed up a few minutes after I casted my 1st pole in the water. The water was nice and calm throughout the morning with some rain off and on until about lunch time. To sum up my fishing day...two anglers landed a fish each, and I missed two bites:embarassed:. At about 1330hrs, Anton and I decided to pack it up for the day because Mother Nature released her fury of WIND at us:kap1yd:! Oh well, I had a great time fishing and being out there. I think that I'm going to head out to SPR next. Until then, good luck to all of you fishing these next few days and the weekend, and FISH ON:grin:!!!

TroutGhost
03-22-2011, 10:05 AM
Thanks for the report and throwing the dice on the weather. Been wondering what's been going on at Chabot. I have been tempted to go but worried about the effect of the weather on the water clarity and bite. The rain is supposed to last through the next week, with a break possible on Tuesday or Wednesday.

LuckyIrishFan
03-22-2011, 01:54 PM
TG, the water was definitely muddy and murky. I tried everything from nightcrawlers, PB's, eggs, PW's, etc. I still had a good time being out though, you know. FISH ON:grin:!!!

STRIPER_510
03-22-2011, 05:09 PM
Appreciate the report on Chabot about the water bring murky. Was thinking about heading out there today before the storm moves in but glad i didn't. Goodluck on your next time around.