PDA

View Full Version : Sunday SF Bay

MoMoney
04-18-2011, 02:01 PM
Well dont have a great report full of juicy pics but I did go out sunday for a few hours.Got starter problem all fixed up amongst other items(bilge pumps,auto switch,kicker carb etc).The guy who works for me was supposed to go but flaked sun am,and a neighbor who asked to go flaked out at 9pm sat night.So i woke up my boys 12 and 17 sunday and begged em to go so i didnt have to go solo.They agreed but meant we had to go sharkin and maybe squeeze in a little trolling(They dont like fishing much unless the fish are biting furiously!!
Launched SL marina 9am off to HP to fish,set the hook by 930am.Tide was incoming.windy,and rockin and rolling and did not see many boats out.The rays kept the kids busy probably got 15,1 sandshark,2 small leapords about 3ft,1 small seven gill and one sevengill about 50".Pulled the hook ran over to ARW around 1 or so.Tried trolling in bumpy windy conditions for an hour or 2.Had a driveby on a sardine flasher combo,nothing on straight herring rig.Only did 2 poles as the boys couldnt seem to run the trolling motor for me long enough for me to fish another pole.Nice day with the kids but itchin to do some serious butt fishin soon.Atleast there seemed to be some life in the bay as 2 weeks ago we couldnt catch a ray even.
http://i271.photobucket.com/albums/jj152/samp1918/4-17-11006.jpg?t=1303167171

nayr
04-18-2011, 05:26 PM
Good to see you got into some fish. I know the itch all too well.. Im going to give it a shot on wednesday.

MoMoney
04-18-2011, 07:22 PM
Good luck and be careful out there!!Im gonna try for sunday again this week so if its your weekend off give me a shout and your welcome to join me.When the season gets going a little better Ill try and sneak off on some weds with you so we can get some better fishing in without all the boat traffic.Gonna get this old boat out the gate this year and pound the rocks for some lings too!!

fishing925
05-01-2011, 02:52 AM
Cant wait to get out and catch some stripers and hali. Let me know your next trip out.