PDA

View Full Version : Beardsley

dano
06-10-2011, 08:55 AM
Just wondering on reports from up there. Sure the Stan is pretty much blown out right now, although there are places to fish even with high water. The inlet to Pinecrest is probably way high right now too.

dilbeck
06-10-2011, 09:31 AM
Somebody was up there a couple weeks ago and nailed them.

As for inlet to Pinecrest being high, it doesn't mean there aren't fish there. I'd have to think it always holds fish, especially the holdovers.

Giants19
06-10-2011, 09:04 PM
Got up to the area today around 7am. Checked out SF Stan at Fraser Gap and at Stawberry...amazing how fast the water was moving. I went up to the Afterbay...as you can see in the attached pics....ridiculous. Saw four guys float tubing...were catching here and there. I fished at the buoy line and caught 6 fish...all in the 1-2 pound range. 2 browns and 4 rainbows...kastmasters and rooster tails.

Pecar
06-10-2011, 10:14 PM
We always go their for July 4th and do a lot of fishing and end up catching limits everyday

dano
06-11-2011, 03:42 PM
Thanks for the replies guys. Love that area of the Sierra. I do think that the inlet to Pinecrest will almost always give up a few fish at least. Don't believe I've ever been skunked there. Beardsley can be hit and miss at times, but I can never resist the drive down there and a few casts at least. Especially when the river is blown out. BTW love the pics.