PDA

View Full Version : yuba river between milton and jackson meadows

santacruzneocon
06-27-2011, 10:19 AM
Does anyone have any info on the middle yuba between milton and jackson meadows? Is there access off the road and is there any special regulations?
Thanks in advance,
Neocon

Legalbeagle
06-27-2011, 10:45 AM
I don't know that section but can tell you it was an unfishable gusher at the bridge off Bowman Rd near Hwy 20. That snow's really starting to melt now and blowing everything out.

OYD
06-27-2011, 11:36 AM
Regulations for that section of the Yuba Middle Fork are the same as for Milton-barbless artificials and a 2 fish limit with a maximum size of 12 inches. See the special regs for Milton and the river is covered there.

santacruzneocon
06-28-2011, 05:01 AM
Thanks for info, I knew milton had strict regs but wasnt sure about the river. I will be up in that area for a week and will report when I get back

Neocon

Ihavegills
06-28-2011, 08:41 AM
I went up to the S.Fork Yuba last week. It was really moving. Very cold and fast. Fished 15 minutes and realized it wasnt going to work for me. Drove to Truckee where the water was more controlled. Im not sure eaxactly where yo are speaking about.... but its got to be moving too.

Denny1969
06-30-2011, 10:51 PM
As you get down the steep grade towards Milton, keep looking towards the left. You should see the access road to the tailwater. If you blink your eyes, you may miss it. I am not sure if the stretch between Milton and Jackson Meadows is open yet. Check with Andy and the guys at West River Fly Shop to verify. They should know. They may have an idea on the flows, too. (530) 582-4150.