PDA

View Full Version : any reports from pacifica??

Phat_Phisher_209
06-21-2007, 06:23 PM
anyone fish the pacifica area lately??? any reports of good striper bites?? or any other fish?? wanted to head out next week but not sure if willing to drive 2 hours for poor fishing.(gas >:() thanks

pp209

recs1 JBF
06-21-2007, 07:27 PM
There are fish to be caught all along the coast from SF to Pacifica. You just have to put in the time.

Phat_Phisher_209
06-21-2007, 09:06 PM
whats the best bet in pacifica?? bait fishin with sand crabs and other live baits or throwing plugs and swim baits?? as of ur experience??(meaning everyone ;)) trying to get as much info as possible before i head out, and yes i know the best info is experience first hand but anyhting would help me. thanks

pp209

MB_Kevin
06-21-2007, 09:08 PM
If you are as good at surf fishing as me....alot of time ;D

Phat_Phisher_209
06-28-2007, 05:34 PM
heading out to pacifica tomorrow early morning to do some fishing off the pier or surf fishing. any reports from there or advice on what to use or techniques?? anything would help thanks. o ya thinking about striper fishing. and if any other spots r doing better if pacifica is dead any suggestions would be appreciated.

pp209

Hurldog
06-28-2007, 08:16 PM
Go visit Joe Jimno at the Rusty Hook in Pacifica - If you are lucky John Scott will be in the shop playing cards with Joe. They will give you the straight information. The reports recently has been the school that was in moved out and the fish are not expected to move back into Pacifica until the next minus tide - July 1st - One good way to stay on top of this is to subscribe to the USAfishing.com Hot Sheet - they cover Pacifica two or three times a week. Good luck!

Phat_Phisher_209
06-28-2007, 09:07 PM
thanks for the info and advice, i appreciate it. and i will be sure to suscribe to USAfishing.com. i called rusty hook bait shop but they were already closed. so i guess i'll just have to call in the morning, anyone know what time they are open?? so i'm guessing maybe a different location?? anyone with any other location for me?? driving 2 hours to fish, wanna hook in to some lol but guess i gotta just try. thanks again man.(and please don't take this as me being a sour puss about going fishing and wanting to only catch fish, b/c believe me i love to fish even when i don't catch any, i've put a lot of time in fishing for a 23 yr old. ;))

Double_D
06-28-2007, 09:13 PM
get ready for a bomb drophttp://img186.imageshack.us/img186/3303/mushroomwr2.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

Phat_Phisher_209
06-28-2007, 09:18 PM
:o?????

GregoryB
07-04-2007, 11:59 AM
Haya PP209...was out there yesterday (July 3rd), down below that trailer park that looks like its about to fall into the ocean, just north of the pier. *The parking lot was empty @ 10:00AM when we got there, and the beach was totally deserted, except for a couple surfer dudes.
Stopped at the Pacific Island Mkt on the way, for baby squid and mackeral (save a ton of money-- buying cut baits here than at bait shops). * *
Spent about 3 hours baitfishing with no luck at all -- saw some birds diving, but they were out about a quarter mile. *Seems like the key to cut-bait fishing in the heavy surf like Pacifica ... you need to get your line out past that 1st big breaker, *or else the wave action quickly pushes your bait setup back in. *You can see in this pic (of my daughter and myself), what kind of surf you're dealing with here, this time of year. *I ordered a pair of hip waders from Cabela's, so next trip hopefully I can cast out far enough.
Good Luck
-Greg

http://img235.imageshack.us/img235/1276/surffishingdm4.jpg

PaCiFiCa_Rd
07-04-2007, 09:39 PM
today the water is rough and it has been really slow :'(

ker-gert-ker
07-05-2007, 02:33 AM
....One good way to stay on top of this is to subscribe to the USAfishing .com Hot Sheet - they cover Pacifica two or three times a week. Good luck!

Sooo what's your affiliation with that site? Just curious, you seem to plug it regularly :-?

redherring
07-05-2007, 06:11 AM
Hey Phat Phisher,

If you want to pier fish, might I suggest heading over to the Berkeley pier....You will have alot more action there with Perch, sharks, rays, halibut, and kingfish. If you want to fish Pacifica, then you will most likely need to do some more in depth research with some of the archive information here on the boards. You got some good info from Hurldog and you will need to follow-up on that info yourself and do some more investigating. Things like "when the bait shop is open" is something you will need to find out as you have the number already. If you really want to catch some fish, you should just get on one the many fine charter boats, they range from $55 per day (half moon bay) to $75 per day (emeryville, berkeley,) for either rockcod, salmon, halibut, or stripped bass. Just give the local marinas a call and make a reservation.

ocean_314
07-05-2007, 06:15 AM
I used to chase stripers around there as a kid in the 70's. From what i remmember it strated to get good in august and was good for a couple of months after that.

dukedempsey
07-05-2007, 08:40 AM
I used to chase stripers around there as a kid in the 70's. From what i remmember it strated to get good in august and was good for a couple of months after that.

aw ha.... another old timer! I grew up in pacifica (sharp park) and can remember flippin mickey mouses ...draggin stripers outta the surf. And drinkin beer on the pier well it was under construction and long before we were of legal drinkin age! Fished mostly morri point and rockaway as a kid. I dont remember a bait shop named rusty hook, just the one on the corner across from winters bar i think it was called coastside then. anyway lots of good memorys of pacifica except the fog which is #1 reason i got outta town! * Rick

ocean_314
07-05-2007, 10:48 AM
I grew up in San jose when you could hope on your ten speed with a shotgun and go dove hunting at the local dairy farm. They plowed the place and built houses evrywhere when i was in college. Paradise lost. Fished Scott creek fro steelhead when it was still private land(sneeking in) and teh water works lakes in the santa cruz moutians. so many big fish and never got caught lol

In ukiah now great fishing diving is close and good deer and pig hunting. And no traffic no smog!!!

Phat_Phisher_209
07-06-2007, 09:43 AM
good stuff from all of u guys, i haven't been on to thank you, u all for ur advice. ya we went out and fished pacifica pier not the surf tho, all we caught were smelts and crabs. kinda a slow day but great weather, especially if ur from the central valley. it was 100+ here and only 70 or so there. the guys i was with didn't bring any clothes to surf fish(being lil sissy about getting wet) so i was kinda disappointed, but all in all it was a good day. thank you all, and i just might have to try Berkley pier next time. ;)

pp209