PDA

View Full Version : Launch fees ?

stagger_lee
08-21-2011, 09:24 AM
Quick question here ! Havent been to Loon Lake or Ice House in quite a few years , so the question is : are there any launch fees at these lakes?????????Thanks:duh:

ragen
08-22-2011, 07:10 AM
The fee at all the launches up there is $7 and they are waiting when you get there. I wish they would find a different company other than the one they are using. I have no problem supporting the lake and what it costs to maintain it but the "deputized" retiree is killing it for me. I will not likely go up there anymore during the season because I don't need to be given the 3rd degree and told what I can and can not do and how to do it, not all are bad but a couple have ruined it for me.

stagger_lee
08-23-2011, 06:35 AM
You are right about not going back during the season.
My friend and I arrived early monday morning and there wasnt a sole in sight .
Its my understanding that there is no fee for boat launch....so we put the boat in the water and away we went !
Returned to the ramp at 2:30 with nothing to show for it except two limits of planters and a few holdovers.
That was when we met the "Boat ramp host"......Thats what he called himself.....
Indeed boat launch is free but a $7 fee was due to park in "His" lot......SEE YA !

Plug-n-Jug
08-23-2011, 06:47 AM
Odd. I've never had a problem with the camp hosts at Loon. Never got the third degree from them, they just took the cash and wished us luck. Last time we were there we arrived before they were even up, only had a $10 bill, so we put in the iron ranger and launched. When our day was done we stopped at the hosts trailer and told him about the $10 and he gave us $3 back.

Jason
08-23-2011, 04:22 PM
The money is supposed to go towards improvements to the facilities. We will see if this happens.