PDA

View Full Version : muir woods 8/21/11

Double Daddy
08-22-2011, 07:47 PM
3rd trip in three weeks. The first two I had to watch my dad hook up. Yesterday I borrowed some of my brothers gear and caught a solid salmon that gave a fight that brought back memories. The first week I went with live chovies and apexes. I had one drive by for the day. The second week I used FBRs and didn't even get a scratch on the frozen herring. Yesterday my brother brings some gear he bought at the San Mateo ISE 3-4 years ago and within and lands a 10 lb king within half an hour. I was using a flasher and fbr for another hour and decided to try something else. My dad saw my brother had a second did set up so I Gabe that a try. While tolling around huge bait balls I hooked onto a nice 20+ lb king! This hen had some fight in it. 3x I goat it to the boat and each time it saw the net and ripped of a good 10-20 feet of line. It was a blast fighting a healthy king. I have been using ultralight gear to fish for kokanee and German browns and have had blast. But, there's gotta be something said about feeling the power of a king that doesn't want to get barbecued.
I have pic on my phone, but I need to figure out how to post from a website.