PDA

View Full Version : Queen of hearts?

Nick145
08-30-2011, 02:39 PM
im trying to go out on a shallow water rock cod trip on a boat i heard the queen of hearts does these trips and i was wondering if anyone has been on a trip like this with them and haw you did and was it enjoyable

Thanks in Advanced,
Nick145

PapaGreg
08-30-2011, 07:40 PM
Been out with them several times in the past, good people, Bob the captain will put you on the fish, LISTEN to what he tells you is working to catch fish, Heather is a good deck-hand, friendly and knowing people.

Good luck if you go.

nelson9
08-31-2011, 10:19 PM
It's been several years since I've fished that boat but it's always been a decent trip. The boat can be crowded on weekends though. Check out their site, Fishingboat.com.

newtothegame
08-31-2011, 11:27 PM
That boat rocks .. great crew and the fishing is great ... you will have a great time .. they usually fish shallow so light gear is fine ... usually pretty light weights, i was using like 4 oz weights .... and using swimbaits ... the boat usually uses a pair of shrimp flies tipped with squid ... and yes they catch their fair share of ling cods.

I would try and plan a weekday trip (less crowded) and prepare to have some fun ... me and my g/f had a ball .. i am sure you will too!

good luck!

btw me and a friend of mine went out fishing with the research group recently and fished out that way and the fishing was very good ... no lack of fish ... i think i may book a trip soon also!

Bigg A
09-01-2011, 07:14 AM
Queen of hearts is a great boat to fish on and captain bob and heather are a great team. Bob gets you on the fish and if you bring your A game, you can get a nice sack of big reds. If swimbaits and iron ain't producing, plain ole' shrimp flies will get it done.

maybe88
09-01-2011, 08:04 AM
Maybe check out the TIGERFISH... tigerfishsportfishing.com - nice fishing on this boat as well.

Nick145
09-01-2011, 09:06 AM
thanks you guys sounds like i should book a trip thanks for your input

slick88
09-01-2011, 09:40 AM
thanks you guys sounds like i should book a trip thanks for your input

If the Queen of Hearts has a private charter or is fishing for salmon, the Tigerfish on the same dock does daily rockfishing trips. A few bucks cheaper too but also a clean boat and they've been getting limits daily.

Tigerfish Sportfishing (http://www.tigerfishsportfishing.com/)

Nick145
09-02-2011, 03:57 PM
booked it with the tiger fish for the 4th

have a question here is a link to the post http://www.fishsniffer.com/general-boating-saltwater-discussion/92248-shallow-water-light-tackle-rockfish-gear.html#post833680