PDA

View Full Version : Monterey, H.M.B, or SF bay

hair_raiser
06-12-2007, 05:47 PM
We Wanted to head for Monterey this weekend to do some butt/rockies but we have one problem, rafting in the harbor. Has anyone had any problems being rafted aginst?
So we dont have to be rafted to we decided We might try H.M.B. Not knowing the area or how the we might be protected from the 25mph winds, we thought about just going to SF bay. With the tides this weekend it doesnt look good for the butts.
Looking for some advice on where everyone else might be this weekend. The women will be with us, so hoped to get on some rockies to keep them busy. Any info will help.
Thanks
Hair Raiser

sethonious
06-13-2007, 07:50 AM
I will be shore fishing this weekend in HMB. It will probably be nasty conditions, but we'll see what we can do.

Sin_Coast
06-13-2007, 11:16 AM
Are you talking about getting out to your moored boat in a raft? That shouldn't be a problem.
I remember seeing a thread a couple months ago that discussed the anchoring/mooring situation in Monterey. Might want to search for it.

Good luck!

hair_raiser
06-13-2007, 07:48 PM
Thanks for the help guys. Sin, im talking about when to tie off to the end tie of a dock and someone else ties across your boat pinning you to the dock. If you want to leave you need to untie the other boat slip out and pull them tight to the dock. I understand during the opening days of salmon season they will put up to four boats on one end tie. This seems crazy to me.
Also thans for the thread info I will check it out.
P.S we are going out of moss fri. Report to follow next week