PDA

View Full Version : general d zone opener who's going

outdoordude
09-23-2011, 03:22 PM
I didn't tag out during the archery season so....sighted in the 270 re-freshed pack supplies....just heard the weather report, slight chance of T-storms, heading back to west shore Tahoe. looking for that big-un that eluded me. any plans?

PapaGreg
09-23-2011, 04:45 PM
I'll be checking some BLM land in D-5, haven't seen much sign, but I haven't been there during the hours I THINK the deer will be moving.

Duckmanhoov
09-23-2011, 07:25 PM
Four of us are heading up to C-4 saturday after work, hunt for about three days then chase the salmon for a couple of days. Oct 1-5 slaying the longnecks, life is good...........

outdoordude
09-24-2011, 05:37 PM
yes life is good. this is my fav time of year. well no luck on the opener for me. left early (4:15) got to my spot at 8000 ft at 6:15, one truck ahead of me going higher and a quad parked lower as I was walking. dropped down to some cliff meadows, side hilling, checked 3 meadows, lots of food and springs. saw some sign, a nice buck that I've only seen once 3x4 past his ears and very tall, keeps eluding me. I've tracked him all over the place but he's so random in his travels, hasn't used the same trail more than twice. I thought this may be his sanctuary, oh well a few more miles and 1000 ft up and down, it's good to get out. life is good

fishon1
09-25-2011, 06:16 PM
Only hunted Saturday morning because of work today. It started out nice temperature wise but warmed up pretty quick. Early on passed up on a couple 3 by 3 and a fork by 3 with a group of doe's . It's still early plenty of time left. Good luck