PDA

View Full Version : Day 2 with Buoy 33 chasing butts in the bay

cuhogn
05-27-2007, 06:23 PM
Great 2 days fishing with Ron, my Brother in law and nephew who were down from Nev on our annual trip. Started out north of the Berkeley pier and my nephew put a keeper in the box and then my B in Law put in a nice striper, worked that area and down to the south around the 13' line and nothing else legal. Decided to run down below the rock wall and put a few more shaker on the boat then headed over toward Oyster after Jay on the Righthook gave us a call (thanks Jay), Ron ended putting in the only keeper but had plenty of action on shakers. Trolled herring and anchovies "naked" all weekend. Weekend total was 26 butts to the net, 7 keepers 1 striper and numerous "drive bys". Wind was blowing this am but laid down around PM, Berkeley had about a 3rd of the boats today compared to yesterday.

Hot_Rod
05-27-2007, 06:28 PM
Here's the pict from todayhttp://momentoffame.com/photopost/data/501/052707haliandstriper.jpg

tyeroflies
05-27-2007, 06:36 PM
Way to kick some "butt" guys. I was wondering if you'd be on the bay or at Melones - looks like you chose wisely!

Tyer

CPTN_JACK
05-27-2007, 07:02 PM
Awsome report,, thanks,, Seen u guys workin the s. side of the pier sat.. Talked to j tonight said lots of action in the south bay ,, shaker city!! Less wind in the AM should make the 12ft curve a hot spot at Bazerkly!! See ya in the mornin!! CJ [smiley=captjack.gif]

cuhogn
05-27-2007, 07:30 PM
Less wind in the AM should make the 12ft curve a hot spot at Bazerkly!! See ya in the morning!! CJ

CJ
Although today was a much different bite at Berkeley than Sat, if it doesn't start out good the South Bay may be the best bet, If the company wasn't heading out in the am we would probably head there 1st thing.
Good luck tomorrow and look forward to the post, wish we had caught up with you on Sat.

freon
05-28-2007, 06:10 PM
Nice pics and report guys, glad you got into some nice butts, wish I would have read this report in time, would have tried south bay today cuz berkley was dead, you guys didnt miss much :-/