PDA

View Full Version : when is the alby season?

Irelease
05-09-2007, 08:07 AM
Whats up? I live in So Cal but my roots are from the bay... I just went out the other day and my buddy and I caught 26 yellowtail between us, talkin about Hamachi! Any how Im going up north this summer and wondered if any of you fish for the albies? If so when and what techniques do you use? I would think trolling and in July but oh boy I could be really wrong. Thanks yall........

Steve_M
05-09-2007, 09:12 AM
Wrong Board........ :-/

You might try the Salt water board.. :)

janbfishinfolk
05-12-2007, 09:43 AM
I haven't seen any reports on Albies here sine 2003. Either they are farther out then most want to go or nobody is talking about their catches. I'm hot to go down south and try for yellowfin or bluefin out of San Diego. Never caught either though I did hook a bluefin years ago - lost it. When I did fish for Albacore we trolled until hook up and then free lined for the school. Mt best trip was 23 fish to 40lb for 3 people. I'd say stay there if you want tuna.

triggerfish
05-13-2007, 12:42 AM
Right board, just about right on your guess.July Aug.Sept. are when we usally get them. its just a matter of haw far out they are. Last year we tryed 3 times and found some twice. Hopefully this year they will be in a little closer. burning 80+ gallons for a few fish ,is going to be tuff this year at $3.49 a gallon.