PDA

View Full Version : Monterey or Santa Cruz?

TahoeJeff
05-11-2007, 12:50 PM
Can any of you Central Coast Sniffers help out? I'm visting a friend in Monterey next weekend. We are debating taking a charter boat out of either Monterey or Santa Cruz for either salmon or bottom fish. Anyone have any experience/advise/recomendations? Thanks in advance!

bobby
05-11-2007, 01:29 PM
Well if your staying in monterey, might as well save yourself a hour drive and fish local out of monterey.... Ive caught fish out of both, I live in Santa Cruz...

Check the local charter reports for both area...

here is bayside out of SC

http://www.baysidemarinesc.com/

charter reports can be found on here too!

good luck!

TJ
05-11-2007, 04:59 PM
Kahuna out of Moss is a 1st class operation.

scfisher831
05-11-2007, 05:32 PM
By far Montery has be better.The party boats out of there have been fishing off of Carmel.Randys and Chris's fishing charters have been getting limits for there anglers.I'm going on a charter the 26th of may with a group of anglers on a chartered boat out of Montery.Not many party boats fishing salmon as its slowed down for the fish.Rockies are what they are going for.They will fish salmon if it picks up again soon.If you do want to try for salmon,get on a six packer as they are trolling for salmon.This will give you a better oppertunity than mooching.

lineside
05-11-2007, 06:01 PM
Tahoejeff: We always fish out of Randy`s And have always caught our limits of Rock fish. Maybe we will see you there,We are going next weekend too. :)

TahoeJeff
05-12-2007, 08:27 AM
Thanks for all the good info guys!

Toxic_Waste
05-12-2007, 12:09 PM
Yeah, the folks at Randy's always treated us right...great people. Kinda feel bad now that I have a boat and don't give them business lately. Oh well, we were good customers during their slow winter time. Now I'm sure they have all the customers they can handle.