PDA

View Full Version : Scott's Flat Reservoir Report

Wolverine
11-28-2011, 04:29 AM
We launched out of Scott's Flat Marina yesterday around 7:30am, got setup and headed straight away over to the inlet. Our friends boat hooked up with a 15" 'bow within that first stretch headed east. Within 5 minutes of that, I hooked one up about the same size. So we kept working that section of lake where the buoy's are, about 400 or 500 yards west and east of the buoys in a clockwise manner, fishing a Rainbow Rapala and a Kokanee Husky Jerk Rapala in the f-7 to f-18 sizes between 6 and 12ft. deep with top lines. Then fished lead core from 15 to 30ft. deep, with Sling Blade Dodgers and super dupers with a crawler. Overall fishing was pretty slow to say the least, but out of the 4 fish that our boat hooked into, one was a large size brown and that battle lasted for about 10 minutes until that haunting feeling of a slacked line happened and the rig came back all alone missing a hook!!! ARRGGGG!!! All the fish were very healthy looking and very silver and feisty! We pulled it over to the bank around 12pm went to gut some fish and discovered we had no knife!!! What?!?! So we used the nail clippers and cooked our catch on a homemade rock/bbq/oven. Stomach was full so we sat back for a few bank casts and some powerbait, but that didn't produce anything. Then we trolled a few more laps before calling it a day. The water level was low so you can see lots of structure for future fishing. Anyways, the fish are biting and it was beautiful and sunny! Good day to you fish sniffers out there! Go get em!

-James

Wolverine
11-28-2011, 06:23 AM
Headed up to Fuller Lake this morning, I'll give y'all a report on that one as well!

Barleycorn
11-29-2011, 02:44 PM
Thanks for th report James!

CRABBY
11-29-2011, 04:12 PM
Nice report James,to bad about the big one gettin away,quit buying those K-mart hooks,:rolleyes2: sounds like you guys had a good time fishin an eatin,an who ever heard of a guy cleaning fish with nail clippers,LOL,that's a good one...Don

Wolverine
11-29-2011, 08:18 PM
quit buying those K-mart hooks

I know! We don't have any proper tackle shopping up here!!!

Akasha Twi-Path
11-29-2011, 08:56 PM
I though that big bite was a snag LOLOLOL

Dam cheap hooks :(

CRABBY
11-29-2011, 09:14 PM
I know! We don't have any proper tackle shopping up here!!!Try hills flat lumber!!:hitfish:.....Don

Chrome Seeker
11-29-2011, 09:40 PM
Try hills flat lumber!!:hitfish:.....Don

I agree with Hills Flat...Cvs isn't bad either

Wolverine
11-30-2011, 02:45 AM
I agree with Hills Flat...Cvs isn't bad either

I forgot all about CVS, Hill Flat does have some good stuff though!!! I got side tracked there the other day and spent about $60 on stuff :)