PDA

View Full Version : Gen ii is on the move

ReelJerks
11-30-2011, 10:41 AM
Navico announces the arrival of HDS Generation Two in late December 2011!

New features for HDS Gen2 include:

· Faster microprocessor (more computing power, improved responsiveness and ridiculously fast graphics redraw)
· Improved price points on Insight models for 2012
· Real time StructureMap – The ability to overlay Structure Scan images on your chart screen in real time. Compatible with Insight and all HDS compatible 3rd party charting cards

· Saved Mode StructureMap ‐ Create detailed overlays of your favorite fishing spots for improved fishing on the water or for review on or off of the water
· New cosmetic look (new colors for front case/back case/buttons/bezel)
· Removal of capacitive fly‐wheel feature on 8” and 10” products, and much much much more!

Watch the Marine Electronics forum for future updates on this exciting information. I'll post as soon as I have updates.

Edd

ReelJerks
12-08-2011, 04:48 PM
Follow this link to see all the goodies that Gen2 has to offer.

New HDS® Gen2 | Lowrance (http://www.lowrance.com/Products/Marine/HDS-Gen2/)

Edd

Lowrance has done a great job here offering more for less $. I saw these advertised online for the same price I paid for my Gen 1 model, and you are getting twice the processor speed and twice the memory plus pre-loaded Insight USA so it allows you 2 high speed card slots for your other charting/recording cards. Click the link above to see all the features of the new Gen 2 models.

Edd