PDA

View Full Version : 12/15/11 Lake McSwain w/pics

Marv
12-15-2011, 04:17 PM
Only had a couple hrs. To play, birthday dinner tonite (not for me). Got to the lake @ 11:00 casted my daughters Barbie™ pole and started rigging mine, i told my 3 year old daughter "sit down and don't play with your pole baby, ok." 2 SECONDS later "Daddy, Daddy, i got a fish'' no you don't baby it takes longer than that" wrong was I, score one for Barbie™.

So i started tossin' bugger/water bobber combo, tossed it for about 20mins. Swithced to Gulp chunky cheese garlic dough, bang, bang, dads new pole got his first kill :)

Moved to the brush pile and my daughter caught some kind of Suckerfish, that little dude dang near stole her pole. Packed it up at 1:00 with 2 Rainbows kept and one Sucker tossed back :) see i can be a catch and release guy too :p

Got home and noticed that these fish had the nicest tails i've seen so far. Also the smaller fish had nothing but rocks in his stomach (try the New Berkley power rocks, lol). The bigger fish had a wad of pastel green garlic powerbait the size of a Walnut in the shell in his gut and my bait was in his mouth.

802580268027[/QUOTE]

RideNfish
12-15-2011, 05:15 PM
Good job BassBoy,
Sorry the wooly didn't work in Merced county that day. I was going to ask if you wanted to hit Amador tomorrow (Friday) but I have a new roof being finished on my house and I should be around. Maybe next week we can hit some water.

Thanks for sharing!

:cheers:

Marv
12-15-2011, 05:29 PM
Thanks Ride, yeah sounds like a plan to me. To be fair to the wooly 20mins. isin't much time, lol. Playing guide to my daughters tangles kinda kills my focous :)

CRESTLINER 08
12-15-2011, 05:47 PM
Thats sum nice Tail.......

dilbeck
12-15-2011, 07:21 PM
Thats sum nice Tail.......

Yup, I concur! Them some nice looking tail - definitely holdovers. The tail - and the long slender body - are giveaways.

Nice catch and way to get the daughter involved. I miss that lake. Used to fish it a bunch when I lived in Modesto.