PDA

View Full Version : New Melones 12/22 Pb w/pics

Marv
12-23-2011, 10:04 AM
What an awesome lake, ive been there a time or two before but i was more worried about girls than fish then :)

Got to Eagle point near Tuttle town ramp,tossed in some pb/pe combo and began chuckin' my gold kastmaster to the rising fish. After about ten minutes got one but he did a nice tail walk and spit the bit. About 20.minutes later i seen a swirl and as soon as my lure touched the water he smashed it, a pretty nice lookin holdover.

We packed up and moved to Tuttletown ramp, you can fish from your tailgate :) I briefly spoke with Doug and oogled his friends fish. So i had high hopes. Sat for about an hour with nothing so i changed to a nightcrawler and that was the ticket. I got blasted by a beautiful 21/2lb. Holdover my pb for trout.

All in all a great day @ a great lake. Heres a list of some of the things that were cool about yesterday.
1 Great fishing.
2. I got to see the biggest live trout that ive ever seen in person
3. Got my personal best (it would have felt better if i didn't see Doug's friends fish ;p)
4. Wildlife, i seen/saw: Deer, tons of dear all doe's with young dear, An eagle with a huge trout in his talons just flyin' around and the coolest thing of all i seen several BOBCATS i've never seen a wild big cat, so kinda cool as im an animal planet fan.

Now for some pic's

My stringer for the day8102
My PB Rainbow8103[/Big R w/my PBATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]8104

RideNfish
12-23-2011, 10:25 AM
Awesome job!!!!! Damn nice fish too. Like I said, larger than anything I caught that day. You are a Bass/TroutBoy now. :)

Excellent report too. :areportmq5:

Go get'em

Cheers,

Marv
12-23-2011, 10:37 AM
Thanks Doug!

When i shook your hand i think some of your extra mojo rubbed off on my casting hand :)

Guys don't let Doug fool you he's Mr. Consistent. :angling:

HMONG_James_Vang
12-23-2011, 10:39 AM
niiice. so when does your name change?? i see you interested more so on trout then bass... j/k lol :laugh:. congratz brother :clap: bravo. melones definitely has some nice looking bows.

TAZMAN64
12-23-2011, 10:51 AM
Now thats how you do it!!!!!!!!!!! Awesome looking fish and what a bonus with all of the wildlife. I love seeing wildlife when im out fishing almost more than the fishing, Thats one reason i like going to pardee you see all kinds of animals and a lot of wildlife too. LOL!! N.M. is a great place to fish as well as don pedro which is very close, one of the few lakes where the trout still love salmon eggs. Congrats on a great day of fishing. Steve

Marv
12-23-2011, 11:55 AM
Thanks guy's i've learned a lot from reading your post's and advice. I almost changed my name to "StockerRocker" lol....

Those bass are gonna have to wait till spring :) unless i finally break down and get an outboard for my boat so i can troll in the summer. These trout have sharp claws, lol.....

Marv
12-23-2011, 01:13 PM
When i cleand my fish thier guts were stuffed with 1" shad. Water bobber brothers, lol, i can bet that a 1" shad colored tube would get crushed, pulled slowly behind a water bobber. I just bought a pack of black/silver powerbait tubes and a black silver Rapala cd01 which looks exactly like the shad they had in their belly's

sollimes
12-23-2011, 01:29 PM
Nice fish there bassboy! Looks kinda choppy out there.
Thanks for the report. Hopefully we can make it outhere this weekend.

Theo

KokeNut
12-23-2011, 02:33 PM
BassBoy,
Congratulations on your PB at N.M. - I love that lake. Thanks for the post and pixs, pleasure to read. Kokenut (Jeff):dancingorange: