PDA

View Full Version : HDS-5 tide info? Where is it?

kaliona
12-28-2011, 04:19 PM
I purchased the HDS-5 with base map and also purchased the Navionics Lake Maps West. I don't see any tide symbols anywhere on the Delta charts. Is there toggle to turn it on? If so, can someone tell me where to find it? Or do I have to disable the Navionics and get the tide info from the built in base map?
Thanks

kaliona
12-28-2011, 09:34 PM
Well, I answered half of my own question. Downloaded the updates from Lowrance and now I see the tide and current info. But when I toggle the unit to use the Navionics maps, I lose the tide and current info. Can anyone confirm whether or not tide info is available with the Navionics Lake Maps West?

ReelJerks
12-29-2011, 08:56 AM
Well, I answered half of my own question. Downloaded the updates from Lowrance and now I see the tide and current info. But when I toggle the unit to use the Navionics maps, I lose the tide and current info. Can anyone confirm whether or not tide info is available with the Navionics Lake Maps West?

Well I don't use Navionics cards but I have a question; Why would a LAKE chart card have TIDAL information? Do you have everything toggled ON? Do you see the 'T' on the Navionics side chart?

I'll look into this further and see what I can fine for you.

Edd

kaliona
12-29-2011, 09:09 AM
The Navionics Hotmaps Lake Maps for the western region includes the Sacramento and San Joaquin Rivers and the delta all the way out to the Golden Gate. I've read other posts from people indicating they get the "T" on their Navionics maps for tide information. I even drove down to the Bass Pro Shops here in Manteca and the sales associate also said the tidal information is available on the Navionics card. I've checked (or I think I have) every menu and don't see a toggle for tides and currents when using the Navionics map. Not a big deal if it doesn't. I can just toggle between the Lowrance base map and the Navionics whenever I want to check the tides, but would be nice to know for sure if I'm crazy or if it does exist in Navionics.

ReelJerks
12-29-2011, 09:26 AM
Try this;

From the Chart Menu select 'Chart OPtions' and press Enter,
Highlight 'Settings' and press Enter,
Select 'Chart Details' and pick 'USER'

You should find what you are looking for there.

Edd

kaliona
12-29-2011, 10:12 AM
I tried what you suggested Edd...no tide toggle there. But I did notice when I have the unit set to Lowrance map, I can find the tide toggle under the Chart menu / Chart Options / Categories. When I switch to the Navionics map under "Chart Options" there is no longer a "Categories" selection.

ReelJerks
12-29-2011, 01:33 PM
OK I think a call to Navionics is in order. They are very good on phone support.
Their number is 800-848-5896, and could you please post when you get done?

Thanks and good luck,
Edd

kaliona
12-29-2011, 04:35 PM
Contacted Navionics and was told the chart I have doesn't have tides. I'd have to get the Marine Chart Gold version for tides. That being said, I also ran across this thread referring to tide data found on the exact chip I have...Hotmaps Premium West. I think I'll drop that member a message and see how he's managed to get tide data.

kaliona
12-29-2011, 04:35 PM
oops....here's the thread I was referring to

http://www.fishsniffer.com/marine-electronics/80920-navionics-tides-off.html

Fin
01-01-2012, 08:34 AM
I had a 2009 model chip that I could get tide data. I remember there was a "T" box on the screen where 3 mile slough joins the San Joaquin. The T boxes were spaced every 5-10 miles maybe??

I have a 2010 chip that I use now, but I don't even look at the tides on it, so I can't tell you whether or not the chip even has the tides on it.

Navionics should be able to help you out. Good luck...

rrrodig
01-09-2012, 05:45 PM
Hi,
I had the same problem. What I finally figured out is that you must be on the 2d not the 3d setting on the navionics chip. Go into settings and choose 2D instead of 3D. Then there are T markers for tides and also tide speed markers S. Hope this helps

Rick

Radical
01-16-2012, 03:23 PM
The tide into is on the marine version of the Navionics maps. The lake verison doesn't have tide and current info.