PDA

View Full Version : Melones 1/2/12 w/lackluster pic's :(

Marv
01-02-2012, 09:07 PM
Went out to Melones to see if i could put some fish blood on the new licence. Showed up at twilight and had one on instantly, a 12" planter but im on the board. So i cast out and cracked my Redbull open, again fish on. Tied on a 824682478248bubble/power worm "pink" and worked hard for a couple hrs. with nothing to show :(

Couple hrs. go by and my cousin is sayin' "i paid for a season pass and this is what i get". Lol, so were having the fishing not catching discussion, when his pole doubled over. A nice 20" Holdover, sorry no scale. Fallowed up with another quick planter for me #3.

A micro storm blew over the lake around noon and killed all the action, no more boils, no more jumpers for a good 3 hrs. :( Then i cast a night crawler injected with Gulp garlic juice and with in seconds had the best looking(not biggest) 17" trout i've caught. He was just starting to grow a beak and was a crimson red color, kinda and his cheeks were blush red. My cousin grabs 2 quick planters and then as were reeling in i got my limit a average sized planter.

Sorry for the lack of good pic's battery on my phone died after this.

RideNfish
01-02-2012, 09:15 PM
Good job BB! Sorry it didn't work out better but you can tell that fish is purdy :) Did you try some of your shad lures today? I'm thinking they wouldn't be good on the ramp. Would need to be on a point or some cover where shad would be hiding and the fish know it. Of course I'm guessing.

Thanks for the report!
Cheers,

Marv
01-02-2012, 09:20 PM
Forgot these824982508251

Marv
01-02-2012, 09:25 PM
Thanks Ride, yeah your right that ramp isn't the best spot for lures. They didn't even get wet today, lol. I was in the magic spot today, off to the left :) we were the only one's catchin today.

schatgun
01-02-2012, 10:01 PM
Well done BassBoy... Nice to see you breaking in the new license with some quality action. You guys are tearing it up with that bubble set up..... Nice fish as a result. Thnx for sharing.

C U guys on the water......

TAZMAN64
01-02-2012, 10:49 PM
Way to start off the new year !!! Those are some awesome looking bow's and a couple bigins to boot. Thanks for the info and for all of the great pics!! You ask me pics make a post. Congrats, If pedro is slow i might just head over to melones. Thanks again. Steve

JwG
01-03-2012, 08:08 AM
Nice job BB209,

Those are some good looking fish.
I like to see that first of the year excitement!!:chowtime:

Thanks for the pictures and thread.

sollimes
01-03-2012, 08:23 AM
Good job there Bassboy!
Thanks for the report, I see the area still produced.

Theo

Marv
01-03-2012, 09:52 AM
Thanks guys! It's not a for sure thing but if you switch baits up and play with some lures you'll get'em.

The fish were into chartruse/garlic/powerbait caught a couple on Rainbow/glitter/garlic/powerbait and nightcrawlers got a couple.