PDA

View Full Version : Bowhunting???

Reel Fun
01-03-2012, 09:20 PM
I know the deer season is over but I just bought a bow!! I got a Diamond Outlaw....I have never shot one before last week and this bow was in my price range and felt/shot good!! They say its made by Bowtech and I know they are a good mftr. Does anyone know about bows and can help me down the road learning to use this thing? We need to start a bow hunting catagory as I am sure many of here bow hunt!!!

RF

outdoordude
01-04-2012, 07:42 AM
congrads RF welcome to another addicting sport. as with any board there's always someone who's an expert at giving advise lol. the best advice I can give is to find a good bow shop with a good bow tech in your area, they can solve most technical issues that a new shooter can come across. a good shop should also have a range and instructors that will get you going in the right direction. good luck and enjoy.

smithstation
01-04-2012, 11:04 AM
I agree with what outdoordude said. I have been shooting archery/hunting for about 25 years and I still use my local pro shop when I have issues. Some things are trial and error others are knowing the little secrets and thats where the pro shops come into play. I am a mathews fan and love my old LX bow. The best advice I can give you is shoot a lot and build the muscle memory and be smooth and confident with your bow.

PTownViper
03-23-2012, 12:35 PM
ReelFun,
Welcome to the archery world. I took up archery 6 years ago and am fully addicted to it. I started out on my own and was very frustrated, I went down to the local shop and they provided some good advise and instructions. Learn everything you can about your bow, maintenance and tuning as when you are out hunting anything can happen. Build a tool kit that has all the tools and extra parts. Buy a rangefinder and learn your yardages, shot from different postions, standing, sitting, kneeling, from your roof top you never know how you are going to shot.
I have been a hunter for my life and have shot many animals with a rifle, but the first buck that I came across while on my first archery hunt gave me buck fever so bad I could not even see straight. This sport gives you the opportunity to get close to animals, it has revitalized my hunting.

Enjoy the rush!
PTownviper

NorcalAngler
08-03-2012, 09:17 PM
How is your bow skills coming RF? Where do you shoot? Back yard or range? Has anyone helped you with form and technique?