PDA

View Full Version : Marin Lakes

fr33ddie
01-04-2012, 12:31 PM
No one has mentioned the stocked lakes in Marin lately, Lagunitas and Bon Tempe.
Anyone catching fish up there ?

GNappers
01-06-2012, 09:00 PM
Fished 3 times late in December and only had 1 bite and 1 fish chase. Hopefully I will head up this weekend.

Marinpaul
01-07-2012, 05:19 PM
They planted 1000 pounds of Rainbows at Bon Tempe on Friday.

fr33ddie
01-07-2012, 06:28 PM
I think that's a good reason to fish there tomorrow :)

Thanks

crazyfisher
01-07-2012, 07:32 PM
fished at bon tempe today...big o skunk!!! first of the year...people were catching as we were leaving they told us a few got 10 fish. fish are scattered. we fish near the dam toward hamburger hill at the point. nothing at all. we tried everything. was there from 11 to 5. might have been a early bite. i think they planted near the lagintas side of bon tempe so i recommend that side. good luck out there. i was very disappointed should have gone to alpine instead!!

GNappers
01-07-2012, 10:21 PM
Should be plenty of fish in there, but when I went there 4 weeks ago they had not planted in 4 months or so I had a bite. Since that trip they put about 200 pounds in and I could not buy a bite, trying everything I had. Pretty frustrating. The fish may be concentrated in the no fishing area near the creek from Lagunitas. Seems to be deep there, wish we could fish it. Thank you for reporting gonna have to give it a try tomorrow or Monday afternoon.

alexdesignz
01-09-2012, 02:37 PM
Went there on Sat, as soon as the sun fell below the hills people were pulling in fish left and right. They were jumping everywhere from 5 feet from shore. Bait did not seem to work though, only on lures.
Went back Sunday and saw people catch a few fish but wasent the same as they were probably on the other side that day.

crazyfisher
01-09-2012, 04:36 PM
which side were you if you don't mind me asking.

Bon Tempe/Alpine Dam side? shaddy side? or the side furthest from the dam?

just curious as we were on the bon tempe/alpine side until the sun went down and didn't see any fish jump. The only thing I saw was bird/duck diving down and catching crawdad.

There were a few people around us and none caught anything.

The other thing that bugged me about bon tempe are the inconsiderate hikers with kids. Don't get me wrong, I think its cute and fun but when you see other people around that are fishing, it is kind of rude to let your 10 kids throw rocks right next to where you are fishing. Have the courtesy to go to a spot that no one is fishing and let them toss rocks for all I care. End of rant.

That is one reason why I like going to Alpine. No disturbance at all and not much foot traffic as its quite a hike to where we fish. Oh well. Thanks for the report by the way :)

Fishbucket
01-09-2012, 04:39 PM
I throw rocks at them.... word gets around the lake fast, then they dont even bother to ask if I caught fish..

alexdesignz
01-10-2012, 08:54 AM
I was at the opposite end lake Lagunitas side.

P.S. We sent the kids to the damn side to throw rocks so the fish come our way...:wink:

crazyfisher
01-10-2012, 09:09 AM
i knew there was some conspiracy going on there haha. thnx for the report :)

Paul_707
01-10-2012, 11:38 AM
I was there this past friday and sunday for just a few.. The bite will pick up when the big fat moon goes away.. i guuurentee it:cop:

fr33ddie
01-10-2012, 11:48 AM
I'm sure the Marin-ite hikers thought that it was rude for you to be fishing where their kids were throwing rocks too :rotfl: