PDA

View Full Version : Camanche Rainbow Trout Jan 10 2012

GuyBrown
01-11-2012, 10:24 AM
3 Rainbows to 2# 11oz, 4 HNS, no LDR, none broken off, no SDR. A very slow but beautiful day at Camanche, North Shore. Steve Robinson, a fellow SIR/Jolly Hooker Fishing Club member, joined me and 13 other Hookers for a non-derby outing. We trolled. The action I had was on the Firetiger (1) or orange (1) grub, headed by PB Red fluorescent sparkle egg, tipped with a PB Rainbow nugget, smeared with Trophy Trout gel at 2 colors of lead core. Steve got his 2# 6 oz fish on an orange/gold Kastmaster with a couple of split shot 150 back. 1.3-1.6 mph. 7 locations Hat , Hat to Dam, Dam, Causeway Cove, Narrows, Lancha Plana, approaching, at, leaving the bridge (3). No action on Apexes or several other lures Steve tried. The 15 of us weighed in a total of only 5 fish (did I say it was a slow day?). I lucked out landing the largest fish at 2# 11oz, Steve got 2nd with 2# 6oz and Ralph Housely third with 2# 5oz. 6 hours (6:45-12:45), 24 miles. Water 50.5-50.9*. Air 30-62. Sky clear. Wind 0-4 mph. Sunrise 7:25, % moon visible 98 waning.

Ps - For those readers who don't know, SIR stands for Sons in Retirement, and is a large social club of retired, nearing retirement men. A member of SIR can join our fishing club which meets once a month for breakfast, and has outings every month to northern CA lakes, the delta and the ocean. Other SIR activities include golf, bowling, walking, travel, dining, etc.. If you are interested in joining us, give me a call at 916-979-9589. See you out there.

lincolncaster
01-11-2012, 11:46 AM
Great post cant wait to get out there