PDA

View Full Version : Went up after work

GreatWhiteHunter
01-14-2012, 10:18 PM
Well decided that I just needed to get up and throw few lures and get back in to trout fishing again beings that I haven't been in about 3 years. Had a real nice day starting off at Don Pedro at the 132 turnout. Got there around 0830hrs and was throwing some 1/4" Kastmasters and I hooked up to my first in about 15 minutes. I worked my way up and down the bank. I caught a total of about 7 or 8 and had a great time. Others there were fishing and looked like they were fishing with powerbait and they had their limit and left b4 noon. Decided to try somewhere else so I left Don Pedro with 3 nice fishies for dinner. Headed back to town and took a detour down lake road to see what the Turlock Lake inlet was looking like. There was a few guys bait fishing way down by the inlet point so I gave them their space. Headed in to the lake just to throw a few lures as I kicked up a deer out of the brush and almost ran ot over right in front of the Ranger Station.Scared the crap out of me!! Got to the lake, parked and got down to the lake and tossed in and WAMMO! Landed a nice 22" trout! Lil girl was only in about 5 foot of water. Threw it on the bank real fast and threw back out and missed what felt like a nice one. No more action after that. Pretty nice day back out Trout fishing. Got the fever now! Took the boy out the next day and caught 4 more at Pedro. Had some killer fish tacos and Porters. Great day!!

Jetspray
01-15-2012, 12:02 AM
Three years is a long time to wait, looks like you didn't loose the touch though:thumbup::Gone_fishing:......Jetspray

RideNfish
01-15-2012, 05:36 AM
Way to pick back up the trout fishing!! I have never fished Don P and barely Turlock. Let's go hit some banks (the lake kind :) ) some time.

Cheers,

Gene St. Denis
01-15-2012, 07:47 AM
:party-smiley-020: Thats the Way WE Like it !! Getting It Done !!! gst