PDA

View Full Version : Don Pedro

mgcrumster
01-16-2012, 06:52 AM
Greetings,

My Son and I made the drive to Don Pedro for the first time on Wednesday, 1/11/2012. Not ever fishing at Don Pedro we weren't sure where to troll. We started at about 6:45am at Lone Gulch, Lucas Bay, and worked around South Bay, catching 2, 13 inch Rainbows, on crawler bait rigs until around 9:45 am. We then started seeing a few boats trolling in Middle Bay, and headed that way... Arriving at Middle Bay we started trolling Shad pattern Lures, and started getting hits, and catching 4,12 to 13 inch Rainbows at around 2 to 3 colors depth, around 11/2 MPH. If you have never been to Don Pedro, I would highly recommend a trip, it's a very nice Lake with great facilities. I joined the Forum recently, and enjoy it very much, and put the information to good use. Best Wishes, Crumster....:animal-smiley-048:

RideNfish
01-16-2012, 08:08 AM
Thanks for sharing. How we all learn is by contributing and you did great. Especially for your first time at Don P. Did you see any bank fisherman doing anything? I have never fished that lake either.

Good report, keep em coming. We have enough people that read and take and never give back.

Cheers,

mgcrumster
01-16-2012, 01:27 PM
Hello Ridenfish,

I saw two fisherman fishing off the bank between the ramp and marina when we arrived, but they left before we launched our boat. Not to many boats either, maybe 12 on the lake, nice day about 62 degrees. Didn't see many fish top feeding, although we were ready if they did, because we brought our spinning outfits using a clear plastic bobber, and wooley buggers.... Best Wishes! mgcrumster:swimmingfish:

schatgun
01-16-2012, 02:18 PM
Mgcrumster,
1st of all welcome to the forum/Fishsniffer.....always nice to know some of our non-sense can help others. I know it has helped my immensely. I appreciate you returning some good info as well.

Nice to hear your trip to Pedro was much more favorable than mine. It gives me hope. I'm gonna head back up there this week, rain or no rain, and try it again....I will not be easily defeated. I'm too stubborn. I thought about going to the ISE show but I spend too much money....I think it will be better spent on a day on the water....

Thanks again for your report......Happy Fishing.

mgcrumster
01-16-2012, 09:16 PM
schatgun,

Thanks for the welcome to the forum, good luck on your trip to Don Pedro..... mgcrumster:signfishon34hi6zv: