PDA

View Full Version : Folsom 1-17

Ray9368
01-17-2012, 04:08 PM
It was 23 degrees this morning when I got up, so I figured I'd go fishing :) I went out for a few hours this morning to Folsom. Fished both the south and north forks. I started out toplining with flashers and a crawler on one rod, dodger and crawler on the other. Not a hit for over an hour. I could see fish on the finder down a little deeper, but I was thinking the boat was just chasing them down a little as I passed over them. Turns out they really were a little deeper today for some reason. As soon as I dropped down to 15' I started catching fish. Ended up landing 3 rainbows and losing another at the boat, all 13-14 inches. I got one on a small rapala, the rest on the crawler/dodger. Only one fish in the south fork, the rest in the north. I had to be home by noon, so not a bad trip, other than freezing my butt off!

Ray

FolsomFishing
01-18-2012, 12:28 AM
Glad to hear they are still biting. Thanks for the update.

Chil-Laxin
01-18-2012, 08:30 AM
Nice job Ray... that's a folsom limit. I've been doing pretty well up south fork lately on excells behind dogers and small rapalas. I picked up a 20" king 2 weeks ago. See you out there. Dave