PDA

View Full Version : 1/29/12 Contra Loma

Drinks like a fish
01-29-2012, 11:10 AM
I couldnt sleep last night so I got up early and took two of my daughters out fishing. I decided to go to Contra Loma Reservoir since its pretty close and I can get there in under 30 minutes. I've never had much luck there but figured since they have been planting we would give it try.
We started off near the ramp and after a few hours with no luck we went to the far side of the lake. Fished there for a while and about 9:30 we finally got a bite. We only wound up with one fish for the day but it was a good one, 7.9 lbs! It took a few minutes to bring it in but she did a good job as I was afraid she might try to horse it in and snap it off. I figure it was a good day as she got her picture on the board with the biggest trout by .1 lb and received here Whopper Club pin so she was happy. Not the biggest fish out of there but still a good fish for her.

BaitMaster
01-29-2012, 09:20 PM
Nice fish! And i'm sure an even better memory for your daughter:) Too bad both didn't get hooked up, i know how sibling rivalry goes, haha. Maybe next time... So many life lessons learned through taking the little ones fishing. Good job!

HMONG_James_Vang
01-30-2012, 08:54 AM
kudos... always humbled to see the kids reel in a big one.