PDA

View Full Version : Limits & then some...New Melones 2-2-12

schatgun
02-02-2012, 07:40 PM
Fished W/ KyleWise today….After enjoying a hot cup of coffeeand some incredibly delicious cinnamon rolls at Glory Hole Sports w/ SteveO wehit the water (thanks for bringing the rolls Steve)….Dang, it was cold…we tookKyle’s boat and it makes you really appreciate the smaller things in life…Likewindshields…LOL. After a brisk boat ridewe get to work…Kyle bangs out a quick 3 lb bow followed by a 2.5 lb bow….bothholdovers w/ gorgeous red gill plates. Weboth manage a DFG fish that goes back in the drink to grow up a little. As soon as the sun hits the water the bite shuts down at this spot sowe head WAAAAAY up river…dang, I miss that windshield.
Back to work….I believe we manage maybe 3 or 4 up there….Ihad some nibbles on my shad just totease me but Kyle, again, takes the lead with some Mag Tackle spoons…I end up losinga quality fish on the shad rig right at the boat.
Wind picks up and it starts to get choppy, then the fogrolls in. So we reel up and make our wayto a protected area.
http://i1112.photobucket.com/albums/k500/Schatgun/SAM_0171.jpg
Move into Coyote Creek for some protection from thewind. After a short lull in the actionthe fishing picks up and we manage to bang out quite a few fish. Mag Tackle spoons and spinners seem to do thetrick. Now I’m on the come back to evenout the fish catching ratio. Funny howwhen you start catching up with Kyle his netting abilities seem to get reallysloppy….rather than dip and scoop its more like swipe and chop…..We have 8 inthe box at this point and decide to keep room for some big ones….After catchingseveral smaller fish and running out of time we end up keeping the last two toget our limits and call it a day around 1545 hours and head in. I believe we finished the day with 17 or 18fish total with a couple of lost fish in the mix.
http://i1112.photobucket.com/albums/k500/Schatgun/SAM_0173.jpg
Kyle has a couple of action pics I hope he willinclude. Thanks for letting me mooch aride with you Kyle….Until next time.

Kyle Wise
02-02-2012, 07:52 PM
Jon it was a pleasure to have you a board and there are some days that windshield would be nice:biggrin: Launching in 32 degree weather knowing you have a Looooong boat ride makes that ride seem a little further. Lol The action wasn't red hot but we managed to make the best out of it:jumping-smiley-011::jumping-smiley-011:

As far as being net boy, I'm usually on the other end so I'll admit I could use more practice. Lol

Here are a couple shots of some beautiful fish would of had more but man was it cold:embarassed:

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e94/111kyle/b98caef5.jpg

Another little guy.

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e94/111kyle/6297273c.jpg

trollingplate
02-02-2012, 07:57 PM
You and Ride should start a new company and do an IPO...

Like Facebook..

Could be named: Fishbook.com
:moneybag1:
Doug would be the Treasurer... ( Chief BANKER)

and you the Cruise Director.

Meanwhile, I'll be polishing the silver in the galley.. somewhere
near Italy.. yeah that ship..

Nice day for you guys!

CRABBY
02-02-2012, 08:10 PM
Great post SG,I Been hearing the best fishing is up the river arm glad you found em.Heard about kyles nettin ability,LOL.
My bass tracker is similar to kyles boat,NO Windshield,nice in the summer but it will give ya freezer burn when it's cold,HA!!What did ya do with SteveO just ate his donuts an left him?:rotfl2:....
Well at least ya got some nice fish,better than what camanche guys are doin.
Thanks to both of ya for the update an sweet pics....Don

RideNfish
02-02-2012, 08:21 PM
Great post SG!!! :areportmq5:

Funny about Kyles netting abilities. But his reason of "usually on the other end" is classic. :grin:

Thank you for sharing and I have water envy! There are some nice fish there. I need a trout fix.

Peace out,

Kyle Wise
02-02-2012, 08:22 PM
I'm selfish when I bought the boat I made sure to have a windshield on my side:bananadevil::bananadevil:

It wasn't that cold he didn't dress warm enough. Lol:party-smiley-0201:

Steve had to work again, some guys just have their priorities messed up:vrolijk_26::vrolijk_26:

RideNfish
02-02-2012, 08:25 PM
You and Ride should start a new company and do an IPO...
Like Facebook..
Could be named: Fishbook.com
Doug would be the Treasurer... ( Chief BANKER)
and you the Cruise Director.

Good stuff there TP. I checked, and Fishbook is already taken by a carp site of all things. I also could use your idea in marketing my WCI line. For those of you not familiar that is Wine Cork Indicator. hehe

Cheers,

schatgun
02-02-2012, 09:15 PM
Well Kyle & I just started fishing together a couple of weeks ago and his "I'm usually on the other end" has just changed....I've been putting his netting skills to work. When I'm done with him he'll be the best net man on the west coast.:nana:
:waffen093:
No, really.....the guy is a master angler and great netter....I'm just trying to put a chink in his armor

Lucky Lund
02-02-2012, 09:49 PM
Congrats on your catch. Cold and foggy day.... beats work!

Marv
02-02-2012, 09:51 PM
I just read in the paper that Melones isn't producing limits, lol. Way to shut'em up guys :)

Looks like you guys had a great day on the water, even with the funny weather today. As always great post and pics!!

Steve079
02-02-2012, 10:27 PM
I was planning to fish thursday with both Schatgun and Kyle, then work came a-calling, and I had to get after it. I was planning on bringing some cinnamon rolls for us, and our buddy Gary that works at Glory Hole sport, to have with our coffee, so I did, even if I wsn't fishing, and just headed to work right after.

An early morning ride in the Stinky Duck, will wake you up like no cup of coffee ever will.

Congrats guys, wish I could of gone along!

JwG
02-03-2012, 06:22 AM
Way to do it.

Those are some NICE looking fish.

Great report and pictures schatgun.http://www.fishsniffer.com/images/icons/icon6.png

Thanks for the thread!