PDA

View Full Version : Camanche Rainbow Trout February 14 2012

GuyBrown
02-15-2012, 10:46 AM
Five Rainbows to 2# 5 oz, 0 LDRs, 0 SDR, 3 hit no stick. Fellow SIR (soon to be a Jolly Hooker) Rick Schrichfield, joined me for a SIR/Jolly Hookers Fishing Club Derby at Lake Camanche. We all launched at North Shore. Rick & I bait fished Rainbow Glitter Power Bait on the bottom near the marina (2 fish) for an hour while we rigged our trolling gear. We trolled the rest of the day 5 locations, Deer Island, the Narrows, Lancha Plana (2), approaching, at & beyond the bridge (1). The fish caught trolling were on a F7 Hot Steel Rapala 200 back (1) and an orange grub headed with a red fluorescent egg, Rainbow Nugget on the hook, all smeared with Trophy Trout gel at 1 color of lead core (2). Nothing on Apexes, trolling flies. After fishing we had lunch hosted by Art Sutter, Dave Underwood & Tom West. 18 sausages, buns, fixings, hot chili, dessert, water, sodas. Great job fellows, thanks. We had 33 members and guests who reported 15 fish caught, a slow day. At the weigh-in Chris Larsen got 1st place with a 6# 3 oz fish caught on a motor oil grub, Ron Madsen 2nd, 5# 5 oz on chartreuse grub headed by a white egg, Guy Brown 3rd, 2# 5 oz on Rainbow Glitter Power Bait on the bottom, Sam Osuna 4th, 2# 3 oz on a rainbow Needlefish. Congratulations to out top 4 guys! 6.5 hours (6:30-1), 12 miles. Water 52.4*, no debris in the water. Air 40-52*. Sky clear. Wind 0-2 mph. Sunrise 7:01, % moon visible 59%. Thanks for the company Rick.

Ps - For those readers who don't know, SIR stands for Sons in Retirement, and is a large social club of retired, nearing retirement men. A member of SIR can join our fishing club which meets once a month for breakfast, and has outings every month to northern CA lakes, the delta and the ocean. Other SIR activities include golf, bowling, walking, travel, dining, etc. If you are interested in joining us, give me a call at 916-979-9589. See you out there.