PDA

View Full Version : Lake collins advice plz!

fishfinder379
02-16-2012, 04:16 PM
Heading out to lake collins tomorrow for some bank fishing. Any advice on the best spots or good places would be awesome, thanks!

HMONG_James_Vang
02-16-2012, 04:22 PM
the dam, about 50 yrds in you should be able to find the deepest hole along that wall. i've done well there in the past. try a combination of nightcrawlers and rainbow powerbait.

you should be able to pick up a topo map of the lake at the marina. hope this helps.

CRABBY
02-16-2012, 05:22 PM
Also they just planted there trophy trout again.......Don

Fishbucket
02-16-2012, 06:11 PM
head to the swim beach !

use 2 white Gulp eggs and a 1/4 inch piece of pink power worm. put the eggs on first then just poke the piece of worm on. use a 36 " 4lb leader tied to a swivel tied to 6 lb main line with and egg sinker above it. Cast gently with your tongue sticking out standing on you left leg as to yell " Go get'um Boys !" , then spit on the ground to your right.

You better bring a stringer !

redneckpunk
02-16-2012, 06:24 PM
I second the swim beach suggestion. PB (yellow corn and/or hatchery pellet) on a sliding rig. Only need to be out about 25ft. Been knocking'em dead there since christmas eve. Careful sticking your tongue out on casting from one foot as you might fall off balance and bite your tongue.

~RNP

HeatherD
02-17-2012, 02:14 PM
I fished there last weekend on the shore between the dam and the swim beach. I had good luck with PowerBait or worm. I used corn scent on both. Got a couple off a worm below and bobber, a couple on worm floating off the bottom and some on PowerBait floating off the bottom. The corn scent seemed to be the trick.

Heather

ChinookMe
02-18-2012, 09:17 PM
Does anyone know if they have planted the trophy trout twice or just once this year?

Thanks, TD