PDA

View Full Version : Lake Natoma?

Nick Rodriguez
02-16-2012, 07:10 PM
Hey guys,

SO, I just recently bought my fishing license and I haven't fished or been fishing in years. I was wondering if Lake Natoma is still popping with trout? I haven't heard much about it in a long time. Also is Folsom just a better bet for trout? I will be bank fishing with some friends, so any input would be great.

Thanks!

insearchoffish
02-16-2012, 07:37 PM
I dont think that they have been stocking Natoma for some time now, but there are some monsters in there lurking. I haven't been this year but last year I hooked into one of those beasts on a silver/blue kastmaster, didnt stay on long. I believe that the state record landlocked rainbow comes from Lake Natoma 20+ pounds. Good Luck

tinytrout
02-16-2012, 08:06 PM
Right now you would have a better chance of catching Trout at Pardee, Camanchee or Amador.
Tiny

Nick Rodriguez
02-16-2012, 08:16 PM
thanks guys, yeah I will have to check with my buddies and see where we would want to go.

hookeyjaw
02-17-2012, 08:52 AM
If you're looking for a chance at a big one and I mean a slim chance go to natoma. Folsom might be a better bet as far as chances of actually catching something. I believe they have been stocking around granite bay...

kromebrite
02-17-2012, 11:05 AM
I really wish they would start stocking Natoma again. It used to be great when they did.

Nick Rodriguez
02-17-2012, 11:25 AM
I remember when they use to plant it too and it was great. Yeah, I just might go to Folsom but I am also thinking Rancho Seco. But, I have to check with my buddies!

BradL
02-17-2012, 12:24 PM
From what i hear both locations have fish, but both are difficult to fish. Lake Natoma has some huge lurkers but it is no longer stocked. Folsom has been stocked twice in the last month, but is still quite a challenge to fish from the shore. I am going to Folsom next week. Good luck!

WLShafor
02-17-2012, 01:56 PM
I went to natoma about 2 weeks ago took a small boat out and after 6 hours nothing no bites even trolled for a few hours. I think Natoma is dead right meow :(

I also went to Folsom off of Beals Point rolled and landed one small nought bass about 2 weeks ago.

Best bet would be Amador, Predee or Comanche