PDA

View Full Version : Melones 2/17

Marv
02-18-2012, 08:06 AM
My cousin and I decided to fish Melones @ TT for a couple hrs. Got to the lake at 5:45 and like always, seconds after my first cast hits the water "fish on" for me. It was a massive planter probally 9" lol, im on the board though. As usual I kept bleeders and released the mouth hooked fish. In total we caught 15 or so. I was there till around 4pm and I seen 2 other people catch 3 fish, not each......

It was packed, bankers,trollers and because of the bass tourney this weekend tons of bass boats going 90mph as they pass.

Lots of law enforcement as well. On land, sea, and air. We got checked for our licence and did the whloe open your ice chest, tackle boxes, and the inside of the truck. I didn't know that a Sherrif would know and enforce dfg laws and regs. Then dfg showed up a little later and we went through the whole thing again. Hey, I guess Im not wanted :) if you plan on going to Melones this weekend be careful a dui or bui will ruin your day......

No holdovers, all fish were under 16". Sorry no pics, my wife lost her cell so I had to leave mine with her.

JwG
02-18-2012, 08:20 AM
Hey BassBoy (TroutBoy),
LOL You started it mojo and I like it.

Great thread and report BB!
Nice that you got out for the day for some fun and sun.

15 fish is a good day lately, you guys are rockin':bananachaga:
You smoked me!!!

No big on the pics, they are nice to see, but we just want you to get the reports in so we can share in your adventure.

BTW, what is a bui?

dapainter
02-18-2012, 08:28 AM
Good job ,MAn i wish melones wasnt so far away.I love that lake.

PapaGreg
02-18-2012, 08:30 AM
JwG, bui would be "boating under the influence".

Hmmm, wonder what brought on law enforcement so heavily?

I have never personally seen any violators at NM, but I suppose it does happen, so it's good authorities are out and checking.

Marv
02-18-2012, 08:46 AM
Thanks JwG!!! A bui stands for: boating under the influance, as the sherrif was activly approaching poeple returning to the boat ramp to try and nab someone. I like my beer but there is a time and place :)

Not craping on law enforcement at all, I just don't wanna see anyone hurt or in jail.

RideNfish
02-18-2012, 08:52 AM
:areportmq5: Thanks for sharing and giving the report. We need the reports like this (no trophy trout :) ) so we know what's going on. Crazy about getting checked twice with vehicle and all. I've never been through that but I guess I don't look like a criminal as much as you. :rotfl:

Cheers,

Marv
02-18-2012, 10:15 AM
PapaGreg, idk why all the law either. Mabye a recent accident? The big sherrif boat was on the water all day long. Mabye training for water rescue or something???

I almost forgot, @ sun up I got a lot of topwater hits, on my f3 in black/silver. No takes but they were checking it out.

Also, two older gentlemen were fishing next to me had (no lie) at least 15' I wanna say 20' poles, lol. They weren't surf rods, they were huge though. They got a few takes but they were setting the hook like they were sturgeon fishing. Multiple sets as well at least 3-5 hook sets per fish. Needless to say they skunked :p

schatgun
02-18-2012, 11:01 AM
I'm glad to see your continued success....

Law Enforcement doesn't need a reason to do addtional enforcement. :cop: More than likely they hadn't been out there for awhile and wanted to remind people to follow the rules and laws. Their inconsistent schedule it to their advantage. The goal is to keep everyone wondering when they are going to get stopped/checked. If they had a consistent schedule or pattern it would be easy for the less than truthful to work around it. As far as who can enforce DFG laws....anyone with peace officer status can.....Sheriff, local police, CHP, ect...Iv'e seen plenty of Chippies write &/or arrest persons for DFG violations....even when the guy is on his way home & nowhere near the lake.

For those of us that are law abiding sportsmen then it is of no concern...for those that aren't, well, maybe you should be....

I'll be back on the water next Thursday....haven't decided where yet....but the weather is supposed to be in the mid 70's so it will be nice none the less.....Happy Fishing & keep the reports coming....

AngelosPop
02-18-2012, 07:15 PM
Nice job. Dang law enforcement people :shocked::D:stomper::cop: