PDA

View Full Version : salmon caught while fishing for macks

tkdvellone
03-17-2007, 08:52 AM
Well I was fishing for mackerel on thursday. I was out at duxbury. I had caught about 15 macks and when I was reeling one in a bigger fish hit. I was thinking a ling. As I started reeling it in i relized its either a striper or salmon by the way it was fighting. After a slong battle on light gear I got it to the boat and was so happy it was a salmon. I released it of course. But I think this is a great sign of a good season. What do you guys think.

blue_chrush
03-17-2007, 09:46 AM
fishing for sand dabbs and macks this time of yr does 2 things...
it get the boat out and ready for opening day so you know everthing is working. *and it gets guys out to the areas that sometimes hold salmon and they can see how the bait balls are doing and get hooked up with
some bait and sand dabbs or maybe even a salmon on light tackle and release it of course. its like dove season, there sm but its a tune up for the ducks season that follows later.....nice report ;)

Rusty_Hooks
03-19-2007, 02:27 PM
I'm getting goose bumps just thinking about it...

"salmon bumps" that is ;)

good report 8-)

redherring
03-22-2007, 01:25 PM
Swweeetttt!!! My Palms are a itching.........

CPTN_JACK
03-23-2007, 06:13 AM
thanks for the report!! Yes ive herd the water looks real good south of Pt. Reyes,, brown and lots of krill!! Getting the boat riged and ready!! See you all out there!! CPTN JACK [smiley=captjack.gif]