PDA

View Full Version : Surf Fishing Eureka, Fort Bragg?

laccanookie
03-17-2007, 03:02 AM
Im not asking for a secret spot just a spot my 10,11 year old kids wife and me can maybe camp out catch whatever it is ya recomend to be the best bait and fish in the surf with a good chance of catching a few perch or something that would amuse the kids. I have heard that a long piece of PVC pipe a short string a hook and some squid on it is a great tactic if your walking a Jetty or in rocks where you can poke your bait. Anyways if anyone has some hints tips or ideas I would apreciate the help thanks JIm

izonker-aoc
03-17-2007, 05:51 AM
from the times I have been up there in Humboldt, the jetty would be a pretty treacherous place to poke pole ... very big waves and rocks that are slicker than hot snot .. its an awesome spot for a hi-lo rig and produces some nice lings and cabs when the gods favor you ... you might try centerville beach out by petrolia for a more family spot .. even then try to catch a minus tide and watch out for the undertows

tarbuckle
03-17-2007, 06:26 AM
I agree, The jetties are to dangerous for 10 and 11 year olds to be jumping around. Rocks are huge and in some places if you fall you will be 10 ft down in the rocks. If you go to the beach, keep a close eye on them.
There is the P.G. and E plant. Guaranteed perch this time of year. That's where I take my kids. You still need to careful. Waters calm for the most part, but not always. I got pretty wet by waves last week. If the waves are starting to get large its time to leave. Shrimp flavored pink marshmallows kill them. No joke.

P.M. me for more info.