PDA

View Full Version : Sac. river

Outdoorsman7
03-02-2012, 02:00 PM
I haven't been up north yet so was thinking of trying in the sacramento region sunday maybe & was just wondering how the water conditions are, as in how much weight would i need to hold bottom? I don't like using more than 4 ounces so is the run off strong or normal conditions?

BIG_ONE
03-02-2012, 04:41 PM
Your going to need at least 10 oz around this time of year...you may do okay with 6-8 oz in another two week or three. Fish are loaded up all over the Sacramento right now. Get out there!!! I'm saving my last tag for a derby...

fusionstar916
03-02-2012, 08:53 PM
5oz will hold. been fishing twice a week around clarksburg/courtland from the bank and chucking to the middle of the river. Outgoing tide will force you to up to a good 6oz or 8oz depending on line size. 4 sided pyramids will roll. With little rain that we've had its like fishing in the middle of june. Out of 6 trips and about 20 hours... 1 oversize. off eel. Also. please please please pick up after yourselves and pick up after others if possible. I just came back from hood and picked up a 33gal trash bag full of crap people left behind. All from a 10 square yard area. Im fairly certain they will close all spots south of freeport to locke by the end of this year if people keep littering like they are.

Outdoorsman7
03-02-2012, 11:33 PM
Thanks guys appreciate the info. yeah i know what you mean with the garbage, when i used to night fish alot me & my friends would burn a ton of trash that stupid ppl are to lazy to pick up & take with them. I agree soon the only places to fish off the bank are going to be at piers & public parks. grrrrrrrrrr.