PDA

View Full Version : Limited out at Amador (pics)

Richs70chevelle
03-05-2012, 08:55 PM
well this is my first post to this forum, so went out today for a good old trip to Amador and caught my limit. caught them all on rainbow PB close to the shoreline from the bank, all averging from 2 to 3.5 pounds. kinda crazy beacuse you can see the fish swim the shoreline just hoping they take your bait and o did they like the PB. i caught a total of 7 fish, one was a a dfg planter that i let go and the other i lost it right before i was going to net him it was a nice one too. so all in all not to bad of a day and a beautiful day at that. first limit of the yr hope it keeps up 9529.9528

mojo209
03-05-2012, 09:01 PM
Welcome to Sniffer and great first post like the pics and report! :thumbsup:

Marv
03-05-2012, 09:10 PM
Nice job! Welcome to the boards too.

AngelosPop
03-05-2012, 09:23 PM
Good job! Welcome!

RideNfish
03-05-2012, 09:32 PM
Good job Rich70,
Great first post and glad you found us. Be sure to post the not so good days of fish'n too so we all get a "real" taste of what lakes are doing. It is crazy how you can see them cruise by and never pay attention to your offerings. :) Torture I tell ya, torture.

Ok, now some serious stuff...

I want to see a pic of the Chevelle! haha

Oh, did you see anyone else do good from the bank maybe throwing flies behind a bobber?

Thanks,

CAL.NDN
03-05-2012, 10:01 PM
Great job sounds like u figured out the trick that works for me there also I limit bout every time I go an thyself once or twice a week gota love amador bank fishing costly but well worth the fish an fight. Don't no how to get pics of my fish from my phone to post or would be posting. Thanks for sharing mabey I will see you on lake sometimes I'm the big guy on the bank with camo from head to toe....

WLShafor
03-05-2012, 10:04 PM
Nice job catching those Amador Trouts!

Welcome to the site. Grab a chair and enjoy the topics :o

A bad day of fishing is better than a good day of work.

fishingguysf
03-05-2012, 10:41 PM
Welcome to the board!!! Congrats on your limit at Amador!!!

Richs70chevelle
03-05-2012, 10:58 PM
Thanks guys i will start posting my trips on here from Now on. This trip was my 5 time to amador this yr but this was my first limit there the past other times I came close to limiting out all with PB. Hey caldn maybe next time I'll see you out there can't beat the bank fishing at amador, to me I think it's better to fish from the bank than a boat. I Did see a lot of float tubers with their fly rods not sure how they did.

CAL.NDN
03-05-2012, 11:31 PM
Yep mabey next time I'm easy to notice an its usualy me an my cousin in camos we fish the points on other side of spill way. Just Rember what worked for u 5 feet or so off bank an I run about a 6 foot leader so u can see the pb almost floating on top of water. An what's been doing us real good last few times early mornings is a crawler under clear Bobber bout 12 inches bout 5 to 10 feet off the points. We used that same method posting up on the points out in lake from a boat to an we were nailing them. Good luck see you an the rest on. The lake hope the advice will keep you your stringer an freezer full.

Adoboat
03-06-2012, 06:30 AM
Really nice fish!
You did better than most, I think. A buddy trolled and fly fished yesterday, and only got two over five hours. He said it was a tough day for everyone he spoke to who was in a boat or float tube.

Birdman01
03-06-2012, 08:04 AM
Just for giggles and maybe catching some Amador Trout. For all you fly guys and flys under a bobber....for the fly guys use a floating line (no shooting head) with about 9ft of leader. Get in the box for size 12 hooks and check with mom for some brown yarn or get out and buy some (worth it) Tie knots with the yarn onto the hook keep tying knots and make it look round all around the hook. Trim off any excess. Object is to make it look like the pellets they are use to eating in the hatchery. Coat the so called fly with pro cure crawdad scent. Put a very small splitshot about 18 inches up from the fly.
They will hit it on the fall 9 times out of 10. Try not to get around any other float tubes or boats. Realizing this will be a bit tough but try to go off by yourself. Tubes and boats seem to spook these fish and sends them off the bite. You Spinners can do the same thing. Little tougher casting because you need at least six feet of line and split shot below the bobber. Anything to fool a fish! Wish I had a buck for every time they fooled me.
The hatchery fish at 3 to 5 lbs are pretty challenging on a 4 weight rod. This method has worked for me for years. I catch and release simply because I'm not real crazy about the consistancy and taste of hatchery fish unless they have been in their new environment for a season. Have fun and be carefull out there.

Richs70chevelle
03-06-2012, 08:12 AM
I'm going to have to try the bobber with the crawler in the mornings. Next time I'm out there I'll look for you.Hey aboboat every boat and float tube that came by me said they were struggling and it seems ever time I go out there this yr it seems to me that I hear the same thing from the boaters "struggling"

HMONG_James_Vang
03-06-2012, 09:08 AM
nice limit you got there. congrats.

CAL.NDN
03-06-2012, 10:15 AM
That sounds like good idea birdman I try fly Bobber method every time there an still never got a hit or a fish my cousin wiwokfisher has not me don't no what I'm doing wrong so I stick to what works for me every time but I'm gona try that brown yarn trick. Rich70chevelle we trolled last Monday in a buddys boat for an hour not a nothing so we decided post up on the back points with the Bobber crawler method an I ended up landind 10 friend landed 9 an cousin landed 4 missed 3 at boat. So.if you have a boat an ain't getting fish then sometimes you need to stop what ain't working an do what is. Definition of insanity is doing the same things over an over agin an expecting different results.

GNappers
03-06-2012, 07:31 PM
Great job on a limit, makes me want to get up there before the tournament drawing. Another good method is using light line and small jigs and if they chase it in and spook then just lead them out. I let it drop varying the retrieve and either get bit on the slow retrieve or as the jig sinks. Birdman great info.