PDA

View Full Version : When are the Striper's coming to Richmond?

FinshingSW
03-07-2007, 11:16 PM
When are the stripers coming back to the bay?

Anyone hear anything?

sethonious
03-08-2007, 08:34 AM
I set up an appointment with them last Sunday. They even confirmed by accepting my outlook invitation on thier blackberry and then they bailed out on the meeting. Bunch a jerks ;D

recs1 JBF
03-08-2007, 05:03 PM
I don't think they ever left. You just have o find them....

bluestar
03-08-2007, 06:15 PM
The number of stripers definitely decrease during winter months. I have tried fishing for them during winter but turned out just a waste of time.

The only question for me is, do they all move up into the delta or do they move out to the ocean?? This is a major thing for me because I have been very tempted to try the stripers I catch in the bay raw -- IF THEY CAN BE CATEGORIZED AS OCEAN FISH.

BTW, they do serve Striped Bass sashimi at Japanese restaurants.

FinshingSW
03-08-2007, 07:32 PM
Don't know about raw, cause i never caught one as an adult, 15 years, but i do know you van eat raw salmon, but don't even think about it once they get into the klamath!!!

So don't do it unless you want to lose some weight to those parasites

donzitroller
03-08-2007, 09:43 PM
Yep, it's called suzuki I think some places though have sea bass as suzuki. Just don't eat it if caught in freshwater.

Stripers should be following bait into the bay. Soon.. or not. Only the bait will tell.

fbanaria
03-08-2007, 09:45 PM
Striped bass is one of the best fish to prepare sashimi style! It has its own distinctive delicious taste like salmon and tuna. You guys should try it.

The key to good and healthy sashimi is making sure you freeze the fillet first (all white meat, dark meat should be discarded)and thaw for slicing and sashimi preparation.

The Japanese freeze all fish prepared for sashimi to kill the bacteria and parasites in the fish.