PDA

View Full Version : saltwater this saturday.

sehoner
03-06-2007, 06:06 PM
looking to go fishing in the big drink this saturday. only one problem. its so big i dont know where to go. :o lookin to catch anything tha'tll take my offerings. no boat so it will be all shore. dont mind a hike either. just not a five mile hike. live in sac, will drive 1.5 hours or so for a good day of fishin. lemme know what you guys think. thanks again.

blue_chrush
03-06-2007, 06:35 PM
just north of santa cruz is piegon pt and theres a bay there you can
work rock fish for... and a bonus there is the mussels too... there huge
you park your car about 100yds away and can crawl on the big rock and cast from there or the right side looking out to sea is good too.
that spot hold good rock fish and lings too...
I'm going to throw up a pic and a site to see it.....
heres the site....

http://www.californiacoastline.org/cgi-bin/image.cgi?image=200506597&mode=sequential&flags=1& year=current

http://www.small.images.californiacoastline.org/images/2005/small/200506597.JPG *

grendl
03-06-2007, 06:47 PM
very cool website thx

blue_chrush
03-06-2007, 06:49 PM
;)....thats what its all about ;D

sehoner
03-06-2007, 07:31 PM
ya that website is awesome. pigeon point sounds good, but i have to be within two hours of gettin home, for my wife and son. and dont give me a hard time about being hepecked or whatever. you guys know how it is. blue crush ill be using that site for another trip. its already bookmarked. just gotta find somethin closer.

chicofishrmen
03-07-2007, 08:42 AM
While it isn't the ocean how about the public pier on Martinez, or the Pier at Ft. Baker which is just inside the Golden gate bridge.

sehoner
03-07-2007, 05:04 PM
fort baker? where is that? ive been to the pier in martinez. its not bad. just wanna get out a little bit further. but fort baker sounds interesting.

Rusty_Hooks
03-07-2007, 06:29 PM
That spot at Pidgeon Point is good for perch too.......

and abalone ...in season ;)

take squid and raw shrimp 8-)

A friend and I used to launch a small boat from the north side of the lighthouse and putt around to that side ::)

You're right....cool spot and site too ;)