PDA

View Full Version : SF Chronicle: It's Officially Fishing Season - Sharpen Your Elbows... LOL!

TroutGhost
04-19-2012, 08:19 PM
Article in the Chronicle today Prime time for Northern California fishing (http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2012/04/19/SPDS1O4I5A.DTL) The article mentions many of our favorite lakes, including Lake Temescal. Here is what The Anglers Edge (http://www.ebparks.org/activities/fishing/anglersedge) has to say about Lake Temescal:

Fishing at Temescal has been great! Anglers have been pulling out limits or trout and some catfish too. The trout are small (fish and game plants), but everyone is having fun just the same.

I think that's a little overenthusiastic. The fishing for trout hasn't been that great at Temescal recently but it could be heating up again.

Here is what the SF Chronicle had to say about fishing in general:

Near or far, mid-April to late June promises to be a magic time in Northern California. After seven weeks of rain, hundreds of lakes are settling and clearing, "greening up" as the saying goes, and the fishing, boating and other recreation have sparked to life.

Here are some recommended East Bay Fishing spots with picnic tables:

East Bay hills: Anza, Temescal, San Pablo, Lafayette, Contra Loma, Chabot, Elizabeth, Shadow Cliffs and Del Valle.

Surprised to see Lake Anza in that list. You don't need a fishing permit to fish there. I haven't tried it but I have seen some lone spooky fish lurking here and there, in addition to the little tiny ones that are seemingly everywhere.

Nothing like that Magic Time, eh?

OneTrueBob
04-20-2012, 11:44 AM
Guess we'll find out this weekend and next if in fact the Magic Time is on...

Tight Lines!

never fished Anza either. May have to give it a try this summer.

CRABBY
04-20-2012, 02:58 PM
Well roger,they gotta sell newspapers some how,why not BS about the fishing,the sac bee,chronicle,an many others are usually wrong which has been proven by our first hand reports here,LOL,only diff is we are FREE with much better info!!!!!!!!......Don

Marv
04-22-2012, 04:56 PM
I like how they say "fishing and boating have sparked fishing." Like Don said, most news papers are working from third party reports. The person that wrote the artical has probally never fished, lol.