PDA

View Full Version : New HDS question

fishwishin
04-28-2012, 07:44 PM
Ok all,

Unfortunately I did not get out and fish today, but I will be out tomorrow. Tonight I powered up the HDS7 and just kinda did a familiarizition with it. I was able to get through it pretty good except for one thing. When I went to chart I dragged the cursor over to Franks Tract just to do it really. I did not save a waypoint, route or anything else in there. I am not sure what I did next, but I think I started to 'page'. At some point I went back to chart and I wanted to see how to save a waypoint so I saved my house location, where the boat is sitting, again just to see how to do it. That went ok I think. I started going through the pages again and eventually came back to 'chart'. The display showed me at my house, which is what I would expect. I am not sure why I did it, but from here I hit 'exit'. The display took me back to Franks Tract, hitting 'exit' again takes me back home. Hitting 'exit' several times simply toggles me from Franks Tract to my house.

Two questions: Why did this happen? How do I stop it from doing this?

Thanks all.
:cool::cool:

Fishbucket
04-29-2012, 04:01 AM
The 'exit' reverses the order of the pages you just went thru... like hitting 'back'.
Unless you are in a setup screen, then it stops a command and reverses the order back to whatever main screen you are on.......... I think. :duck:

ReelJerks
04-29-2012, 06:12 AM
The 'exit' reverses the order of the pages you just went thru... like hitting 'back'.
Unless you are in a setup screen, then it stops a command and reverses the order back to whatever main screen you are on.......... I think. :duck:

:iagree: The EXIT button acts as a toggle of sorts.

Edd