PDA

View Full Version : Anybody Fish The Pier In Pacifica ?

aintscared
01-19-2007, 09:28 AM
Just was wondering if anybodys catching anything of the pier in Pacifica ? Though I might go and fish it today or maybe next week....

bretmoua
01-19-2007, 12:18 PM
The last time I was fishing from that pier was last summer. We didn't do so well out there. Caught a few anchovies and that was it. LOL. I talked to the locals there and they didn't do so well either. Only a couple small kingfish. I don't think I'll be going out to that pier again anytime soon. That's just my 2 cents.

Big_Easy
01-19-2007, 12:43 PM
Was down at Pacifica on 01/15/07 and did not fish! Talked with a few of the Resident Rats and all that was caught was a few red rock crabs and a few dungies. Near the coffee shop, I only seen one surf perch on the peir! :P

You might have better action at Fort Baker Pier! Please don't be offended by the "Resident Rat" description, that's pretty much how I describe myself also! ;D

In short, Pacifica Pier has been sucking the last 2 years!!!!! :-/

p_town
01-20-2007, 03:54 PM
The pier has been over fished a lot and there is a lot of poachers. Not to mention warmer water.

On another note, I have been crabs lately. Averaging 2 to 3 crabs and a lot of under sized sharks. haven't been fish fishing though.

wcslingers
01-21-2007, 11:45 AM
Fishing out there is slow. If you see somone poaching call the caltip #

Jon_The_Fisherman
01-22-2007, 08:38 PM
Went to the pier this morning (1-22-07) with three friends. Got there at 7:00am fished for crabs with snares. Used squid and mackeral and some calico bass scraps from previous San Diego trip. Fished on the end near the middle of the L. Caught 5 big Dungee's and had about twelve undersized and seven rock/red crabs. Snagged some straight down and some about 30 yards out. Beautiful sunny day with a light breeze not crowded at all. Fished pile worms on a high low leader with #6 hooks only caught one kingfish. Talked to some other folks that said crabs were fair to good and perch were absent.

aintscared
01-22-2007, 08:55 PM
THANKS GOOD REPORT ;), I NEVER THOUGHT OF BRINGING MY CRAB TRAPS DOWN THERE :-?

Double_D
01-23-2007, 07:46 AM
http://img440.imageshack.us/img440/3518/im0003234cg.th.jpg (http://img440.imageshack.us/my.php?image=im0003234cg.jpg)

this pic was taken yesterday Jan 22 at the Pacifica Pier click the pic to enlarge....guys up front were fishing for crabs with snares

sethonious
01-23-2007, 09:19 AM
I would caution against using a danielson trap or ring traps or anything else on a rope for that matter. There is so much debris under that pier that it is only a matter of time before it is snagged and lost. Most folks use snares and I think there is a higher success rate with the snares (it is the only way I have ever gotten a crab from Pacifica). Also since I am such a tightwad if I do snag a snare at least I am only out a few bucks rather than the cost of a trap.