PDA

View Full Version : Donner lake trip advice.

TheGreatBasshole
05-16-2012, 04:58 PM
Whats up my Sniffers

We decided to try Donner lake this saturday. I have never fished here, but I intend to use white power egg/power worm combo from a dock. I really would love to hook into some trout. hopefully browns or a mack, and I would appreciate ALL suggestions for this lake. I promise pictures regardless of fish. if you dot want to post vital info on this public forum a pm would be perfect. Again, I would really appreciate any tip.

Thanks guys,
Pork50

fishingguysf
05-16-2012, 10:54 PM
My gf and I usually hit up Donner Lake Memorial Day Weekend or a week or two after. Fishing is good for rainbows that are planter size and you might get lucky on some Macks! I usually use Orange or Rainbow Glitter Powerbait or I also use night crawlers with orange poweregg combo, dipped in Smelly Jelly Craw/Anise scent. We usually knock em dead to the right of the fish cleaning station at the launch ramp or we fish the west end beach area close to the houses along Donner Pass Road. Regular sliding sinker rig with 2 feet leader. Fish and Games usually plants before the Memorial Day Weekend. Good luck on fishing and report back.

fishingguysf

TheGreatBasshole
05-17-2012, 08:04 PM
Thanks man.

So if you had a choice, which would be the absolute best spot? We dont have rod holders, so we would prefer a dock.

insearchoffish
05-17-2012, 09:18 PM
We dont have rod holders, so we would prefer a dock.
I usually just grab a stick with a Y and either stickit in the ground or make a pile of rocks if its rocky. I almost always do this when bankfishing even though I have nice homemade steel poleholders. If your worried about a big fish pullingn setup from holder tie off your pole. Also you miss less bites if your pole is in hand. Good luck, hope you catch some monsters.

TheGreatBasshole
05-18-2012, 08:22 AM
OK will do that. Does anyone know how to get to the dock along the guard rail?

TGBH

steevo44
05-19-2012, 07:17 AM
I would be careful fishing off the docks there. Almost ALL of them are private docks belonging to the houses on the other side of the road. There is a lot of area that can be fished near the boat ramp.

fishingguysf
05-19-2012, 10:07 PM
You can fish the spots by the boat launch area. We usually do pretty on the right side close to the fish cleaning station. Also, the west end beach area is good. We will be there during Memorial Day Weekend!

insearchoffish
05-29-2012, 09:55 PM
So did you guys make it up there? Have any luck ?