PDA

View Full Version : LAWSON'S LANDING NEEDS YOUR HELP!

sactofish
11-29-2006, 07:03 PM
It all on the Upcoming Events Schedule page.

vito
12-05-2006, 09:07 AM
I can't find the upcoming events schedule page. Is anyone else going to this. I just spoke with Terri. She has 2 busses going. They are providing coffee and doughnuts - and will be leaving at 6:30 a.m. I was thinking about switching my days off and going. The return time is iffy - depending on when the hearing and vote is on the agenda. She has about 11 seats left.

vito
12-19-2006, 11:57 AM
December 14 California Coastal Commission Meeting Results.

Thanks to all the petitions (over 18,000), the letters to the Commission and the 300 people who attended the meeting the Commission voted to enact a Consent Cease and Desist Order and consent being the operative word. The Lawson's have agreed to work with the Commission and marine County to settle the permitting issues. If Lawson's Landing breaks the agreement the Cease and Desist part of the Order goes into effect. Since a Cease and Desist would effectively end the Landing, the Lawson's intend to comply with the agreement and provide all the requested information possible. It is hoped that this will provide a permitting arrangement that balances the environment, historical uses, and coastal access. The Order is not the end, it could have been, but instead another step in a long process and is not the last time Lawson's Landing will ask for your help.

Again, special thanks to the people who waited for a grueling 10 hours for a chance to show their support and still keep their cool. The Commissioners noticed you and you definitely made a good impression with them.

The weather is still nice but the morning are cold for us but most likely would be mild for you. Our temperature this morning was 38 here at the Landing but it turned out to be a tee shirt day by noon. The seas have finally calmed down and the bar was not breaking for the first time in a number of days. Our forecast is calling for some clouds to move in on Wednesday bringing us a slight chance of showers then rain likely on Thursday. It does not look like a big storm but will dampen things once again and bring the low temperatures to an end for the time being at least. After that we should be back in the sunshine for Friday and another chance of showers on Saturday.

Updated Monday, December 18, 2006 5:25 PM