PDA

View Full Version : Hells Kitchen, Warrior Pt. and Pelican

Prettyman01
06-06-2012, 09:54 PM
Had plans to take a guy from work and his two kids out to Pyramid today but things fell through with the kids so it was just the two of us on the water. Steamed across the lake and fished the East side for the first time today. Gotta say that it was pretty impressive. No real mosters or huge numbers but it produced a number of fish in the 20-24 inch range and showed lots of promise.

Wasn't getting much love on top so leadcore and downriggers went to work and spoons and rapalas seemed to hold steady. Caught a dozen fish in a couple hours in the Kitchen with the biggest just over 24 inches.
Crossed over and worked Warrior for a few fish, some on top but most down 10-20 feet. Steady action but not the flurries we've seen over the last few weeks. Fished the area for a couple hours before heading to Pelican for the last stab.

Found fish congregated in 18 feet of water in and around the point with a few fish coming not too far from the launch. Ended the day with 30 or so fish to the boat in 6 hours of fishing. Lymans lures on a couple colors of leadcore really did well at the end of the day and put a lot of fish in the boat to finish the day strong.
Water temps in the low to mid 60's and fish scattered all over the lake. Hit a few pods of active fish that yielded a few double hookups but nothing in comparison to last week. Getting down a few extra feet seemed to be key no matter what the lure may be.

No pics because the lake swallowed the new cell phone and took all the photos to Davey Jones' Locker.

OYD
06-07-2012, 05:04 PM
A friend from Sacramento came up and we spent 4 hrs between ten and two on the west side trolling from Pelican to Warrior. Unfortunately, although there were plenty of fish to keep us busy, including a couple of doubles, most were small. However, the largest of the day was a fat 26 inches. While we were at Warrior, 4 float tubers fly fishing were doing well with at least two of them hooked up all the time we were in the area. We only saw one other boat and that was a Crestliner at Warrior with a single fisherman.

Prettyman01
06-07-2012, 08:00 PM
Having just moved up here from Sacramento, this lake continues to impress. Light pressure, lots of fish, big fish potential, and relatively close to Reno. If only there were trees around the lake and no salt corrosion to worry about. Oh well, cant have it all I guess. Must have just missed you on the west side as we did not get back over there till around 2 o'clock. Went back out there again today and caught over 30 fish in 4 hours. The fish are extremely active and they have really made me eat my words on how well some of them fight. Early on in the year they felt more like an old boot with a few random headshakes but with the warmer temps they have really stepped up their game. Its only a matter of time before a double digit fish hits the net. Unfortunately time is running out but hopefully a little beginners luck will come through in Oct. when I get my first glimpse at a Fall bite.

OYD
06-08-2012, 10:53 AM
I see you were out there again yesterday. You have been bitten by the Pyramid bug!!:tribe:Take heart, it takes at least 10-12 years for the excitement to wind down to that of fishing one of the other local lakes.:clap:

Jetspray
06-09-2012, 06:20 AM
I forgot to ask, did you hit the willows area when you went to Warrior Pt? It can have a bunch of big one's there as well as to the south below the Sutcliff Marina area........Jetspray

Prettyman01
06-10-2012, 11:53 PM
Havent been to the willows since taking Okie out there one time a couple months ago. Looks like I'll be out there on Wed and may give it a try. Thanks.