PDA

View Full Version : Truckee Area Fishing Trip

Pecar
06-07-2012, 03:00 PM
Im planning on going up to the truckee area this upcoming Monday, fishing lakes and reservoirs such as stampede, boca, donner, fuller, and lake valley. Anybody been up around this area recently? How was the fishing? Any tips and advice would be great! Ive only fished stampede and boca.

Thanks!

insearchoffish
06-07-2012, 10:39 PM
Have not been up there this year, but last year I fished Fuller and Lake valley on 6/21. Lake Valley my key to success was flasher and worms, caught fish all over the lake. Fuller lake is not the best lake for trolling kinda shallow/weedy and small lake. The fish are there though, caught a few drifting worms @ the creek inlet. Dont know about the others, good luck and let us know how you do.

Adoboat
06-08-2012, 09:53 AM
I was there for the Memorial Day weekend. zero fish for me. I fished Boca from the bank on the boat launch side. Trolled Stampede from my boat. Stampede had lots of boats and shore fishing, but not a lot of action. Saw one fish caught from shore as I trolled by. Weather was extreme that weekend. Started out with storms and snow. Ended with windy and sunny. Maybe that affected the bite. Tried every fly, lure, bait, combination of baits and set up. For nothing. There were lots of fish, but not active. I was fishing in the middle of the day. It was probably better when the sun was lower. I'm sure it's better now. Couldn't be worse.