PDA

View Full Version : charter advice

underdog63
06-23-2012, 06:15 PM
good evening y'all,

just posted this on the general saltwater page the saw this page was here...

my dad and i are thinking of going heading towards the coast on wednesday morning, and i'm curious if anyone has some advice on which charter to...well...charter in order to find some salmon. we don't have too much money to throw around, but can afford in the $80 range each. we'd be looking for something out of bodega i reckon unless there is a better option.

thanks for any and all thoughts on this.

-u

underdog63
06-23-2012, 07:46 PM
well it looks like i'm going with captain thomas on the salty lady...

underdog63
06-28-2012, 10:34 AM
wow, what a way to spend a wednesday. blue whales, humpbacks, a great crew, fantastic weather, mild seas, and limits for the boat. the fish were big, beautiful, and full of fight (and krill). landed five myself (also lost two). an absolutely awesome day of fishing...too bad my pop spent most of the day hanging over the side feeding the fish.

though i have no other experience to compare it to, i highly recommend going out on the salty lady. just remember, no bananas on the boat.

Paul_707
06-28-2012, 10:49 AM
Nice going, yeah thats a good boat, now i wanna go

Big Game
06-28-2012, 12:27 PM
That's a pretty good first time out. Maybe you should play the Lotto too.

Get your Dad a "Relief Band Motion Sickness Watch" so he can enjoy the fishing also.
You can get them on EBAY or at West Marine for around $100 and from what I've seen
on 30 years of partyboating is that people would pay 3 times that amount to stop getting sick.
I got one for my wife for our cruise last year and she didn't have any problems.

Congrats on a great Day - any Pics?

Big Game

underdog63
06-28-2012, 09:07 PM
no pics of the fishing part, just the end result. both me and the old man were kinda too busy for taking photos. here's two of the five. the two i caught for my dad were this size as well, and the last was a half pint. i also have to say that, having never eaten salmon this fresh, i may never buy it at the store again. nothing on it but a little olive oil spray, it was one of the best things i've ever dined upon.http://www.fishsniffer.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=11282&d=1340945683 (http://www.fishsniffer.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=11282&d=1340945683)

iggybabble
07-14-2012, 08:26 AM
It's been a great salmon season so far this year, and Roger has been fishing over 40 years, so you made a good choice!